Cultivated Reef

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

The nem is tiny! I :wub: him so much!

I managed to get a peek at the carapace of my emeralds. I got a male and a female. Cool!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to get a peek at the carapace of my emeralds. I got a male and a female. Cool!

Ohhhh! If they breed free fish and coral food! ;)

Great new pictures!!!!!! That emerald is actually kind of cute :happy: I have free fish food going weekly, in my tank...between the shrimp and the crabs. It's neat stuff :)

Oh...can't wait to see the new fish. I tried to find him in the pictures with no luck!!!!!

And great news on the mini! Mine did the same exact thing...snuck behind the rock work, but then came right back out after a few days -_-

Thanks all! The green clown goby hasn't come out of his hole. I see his face just peeking out but I can't get a good photo. So I borrowed this one from Live Aquaria:

p-71055-green-clown-goby.jpg

I hope to see him hanging out somewhere more visible soon!

On that note, my male emerald crab is a bruiser! I woke up to see him sitting in my brain. He wasn't picking at it or anything and it didn't seem unhappy but I think he was using it as a bed/pillow! :o He better watch himself or he'll find that he's going to be homeless!

Hopefully he'll settle in quickly so we can see the real deal :)

I've always liked the looks of them. That's one fish I've never had in any of my tanks.

I really like him so far. And he's small enough that I think I could add another one if I so decided. Apparently they stay smaller than 2" full grown. We'll have to see what kind of personality he develops. :)

That's all I was planning on but I didn't realize how small the clown goby is. I'm going to just watch params for awhile and enjoy watching everything become acclimated to the tank and then I'll see how it goes I think. I don't want to crowd anyone out.

I couldn't remember if you had anything else. I would be tempted to squeeze one more small fish in...but like you, I'd sit back and watch how things are doing for awhile, first :)

I think you'd be totally fine adding one more small one...especially since you are doing twice weekly water changes!

surgicalsense

Well that is cool ;)

Good news! As of last night the bubble algae is entirely gone! I fed a half cube of mysis shrimp to keep my new crabs happy and away from my corals. They knocked some mushrooms off the mushroom island with their picking. I think I may move the mushrooms to the rock anyway and put the frogspawn I ordered where the island currently sits. :happy: Have another 25% WC ready for when I get home.

25% water change done.

Params:

Temp: 79

S.g.: 1.025

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Glad to know my recent additions haven't caused a spike! Going to check calcium now then upload new pics! ;)

Calcium: 440

25% water change done.

Params:

Temp: 79

S.g.: 1.025

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Glad to know my recent additions haven't caused a spike! Going to check calcium now then upload new pics! ;)

Calcium: 440

Nice!

Glad he ate the bubble algae! You'll probably be fine with one more small fish, I know I would put one in there. Just wait a month, make sure all are happy and then look for something small. Don't want a fish genocide like in Joel's tank. ;) His Mayan God was really not happy.....

Oh no! What happened to Joel's tank?! :o

I'm thinking maybe another goby but for now I want to start really stocking corals. I'm just waiting to save enough to get another free shipping order from Live Aquaria since I have a credit there already from the candy canes. I ordered a frogspawn on the livestock forum here and some macros for my pico. I hope they show up soon. I might put some macro in here too. Any thoughts on frogspawn placement while I'm waiting for my pics to upload? (I'm fighting the kids for bandwidth right now! LOL)

PICS!

Happy ric with mini mini:

biocube030.jpg

Glowing mini mini:

biocube025-1.jpg

Baby ric (thinking I need to relocate it):

biocube029.jpg

Fave snail:

biocube018-1.jpg

Male emerald showing off:

biocube017-1.jpg

Bye bye bubble algae:

biocube007-1.jpg

Using the brain as a pillow:

biocube004.jpg

Pom pom:

biocube002.jpg

I love my tank! :D

Oh no! What happened to Joel's tank?! :o

I'm thinking maybe another goby but for now I want to start really stocking corals. I'm just waiting to save enough to get another free shipping order from Live Aquaria since I have a credit there already from the candy canes. I ordered a frogspawn on the livestock forum here and some macros for my pico. I hope they show up soon. I might put some macro in here too. Any thoughts on frogspawn placement while I'm waiting for my pics to upload? (I'm fighting the kids for bandwidth right now! LOL)

This was months ago! He had a whole list of nice $$$ fish and yeah. Check wayyyyyyyyyyyy back like 30 pages or so IDK probably more :P and you'll see what happened. It was a sad time but hey his damsels have been approved by the angry Mayan God and have been allowed to live! ;)

IDK I have to see the new pics before I can say where to place it (froggie), but their really awesome! I like mine off to the side so it fills that corner a bit.

Got a new FTS? Everything looks great BTW.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking! I think I'm going to move all the mushies to the left side of my rock and put the frogspawn where their island is now. Then I'm going to make a ricordea carpet on the left sand bed!

Thanks! That's what I was thinking! I think I'm going to move all the mushies to the left side of my rock and put the frogspawn where their island is now. Then I'm going to make a ricordea carpet on the left sand bed!

Ric carpets are so awesome! I guess you've seen Gena's carpet of Rics! :happy:

I MUST get more rics this weekend!

Yep! I'm trying to use Gena's tank as inspiration without completely copying her! :lol: Her tank is so gorgeous it's hard not to just go buy one of everything she has though!

I know! I'm saving to do another Live Aquaria order now! I'm wondering if some of my mushrooms will begin to take over once I get them settled in place. I'm also wondering if my green ricordea will split? It's huge now, about the size of my palm, but still only has one mouth. I wish it would split already! :lol:

Forgot to mention my mini mini wandered off again. Le sigh.... ;)

Archived