SaltCritters.com

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

I'd have to look. It's a 12 megapixel that I picked up years ago. I think it's a coolpix or something like that.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeflonTomDosh
I'd have to look. It's a 12 megapixel that I picked up years ago. I think it's a coolpix or something like that.

ahh ok. I need to get me a nice one. dslr or somethin

surgicalsense
Hope you had an enjoyable hike nonetheless! Shipping Tuesday sounds good.

Okie dokie, first thing Tuesday, next daying it.

Yes, thank you... but it kicked my ass. I am tired still. Boy am I feeling it in my calves.

surgicalsense

I am shipping next day so you will get this tomorrow.

Parcel includes:

1 baby stomella snail... so look for it ;)

Codium ... is the green stuff (Danyello Macro)

Wishbone ... red stuff.

Some of the blue macro bits also... I figured you would like these small bits and toss them in your office pico ;)

... Now I hope I do not have this backwords :lol:

Enjoy and I pm'ed you the tracking.

New pics!

One of my hermits moved into a GIANT shell, :lol:

May23001.jpg

Porcelain crab, has not moved from the GSP since she went in:

May23003.jpg

My clown, she's had her mouth open all night. Is that an indication of a problem?

May23007.jpg

Frogspawn from the side, there's a new mouth there!

May23005.jpg

Frogspawn from the front:

May23006.jpg

Soap dish with ric frags and macros:

May23008.jpg

May23014.jpg

I need another soap dish to hold this bounty!

May23009.jpg

May23010.jpg

My penny macro from Reef Cleaners:

May23011.jpg

Mini minis:

May23012.jpg

May23022.jpg

Goofy cleaner shrimp:

May23018.jpg

Rics, some are almost ready to split again:

May23019.jpg

May23020.jpg

May23021.jpg

My only surviving clove polyp from PYA:

May23023.jpg

Awesome!!!!! I'm so relieved they made it alive :) What sort of shape was the box in? Those small flat rate boxes worry me.

Everything looks great!!!!!!

That second picture with the porcelain crab....I see a big clump of bryopsis!!!!!!!! Get it out now if you can!!!!!!! Once it takes hold.....it's a nightmare :(

All you need is one clove...it will take off!!!!!!

The green feathery stuff is bryopsis? I thought it was caulerpa! The porcelain loves to hide in it so I pulled all of it except that clump!

The box was perfect and everything arrived in great shape! I can't thank you enough!

Awesome!!!!! I'm so relieved they made it alive :) What sort of shape was the box in? Those small flat rate boxes worry me.

Everything looks great!!!!!!

That second picture with the porcelain crab....I see a big clump of bryopsis!!!!!!!! Get it out now if you can!!!!!!! Once it takes hold.....it's a nightmare :(

All you need is one clove...it will take off!!!!!!

+100000000

Just get that sucker out now or you'll be fighting it forever. ;)

Looks awesome.

Okay. I'll pull it tomorrow when the lights are on so I can see that I don't miss any. :(

Can anyone tell me what would cause my alk to be high?

My params:

pH: 8.2

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0-5

Phosphate: 0.25

Calcium: 480

Magnesium: 1320

dKH: 13-14 :o

What can I do to bring it down?

ETA: Never mind. Found this: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/11/chemistry Looks like the answer is time and maybe a small water change to bring it down. :)

surgicalsense

Tip:

The macro I gave you darlin, find places for it in your tanks. It is going to grow fast and looks fabulous outside of the dish.

... trust me ;)

:D

I will definitely get it a home, maybe tonight. I had soccer from 6-7 last night and barely had time to get them in the soap dish! I think I gave myself a concussion too! :huh: I took a pretty good spill during the game and I've been too sick to eat since. Maybe I'll be back to my senses enough to work on the tank tonight! ;)

I will definitely get it a home, maybe tonight. I had soccer from 6-7 last night and barely had time to get them in the soap dish! I think I gave myself a concussion too! :huh: I took a pretty good spill during the game and I've been too sick to eat since. Maybe I'll be back to my senses enough to work on the tank tonight! ;)

If you don't feel better later today get your head checked out.

Oh and your answer to the high alk is SPS! My SPS drained my tank of Alk when they were in the 46. :P

Got all my macros placed and received clove polyps and a GORGEOUS yuma from Ethan. Thanks so much Ethan! :wub: I hope you got your rics today!

On to the good stuff! :D

New FTS:

biocube014-1.jpg

Yuma:

biocube016-2.jpg

biocube025-2.jpg

C. Barbata:

biocube017-2.jpg

Red Macros:

biocube018-2.jpg

biocube019-2.jpg

Tiny cloves:

biocube020.jpg

Digi is happy in it's new, higher spot:

biocube021-2.jpg

Porcelain crab minus the bryopsis bush:biocube023-1.jpg

Rics because I <3 them:

biocube026-2.jpg

Now I have to go back to real life and get kids in the bath! ;)

Look at all that macro omgomgomg

The puffs of the barbata will die back and new ones will replace it. It grows pretty fast in my tank. I hope it does the same for you. I know they need lots of calcium and they love light :)

ScubaEthan

Hey I see my stuff! Glad it made it. Hope it acclimates well and opens up nicely for you. Those cloves get much bigger. They are majorly pissed off.

From earlier photos: that is the weirdest looking frogspawn I've ever seen! It almost looks like a hybrid or something.

You have loads of cool macros! :)

Look at all that macro omgomgomg

The puffs of the barbata will die back and new ones will replace it. It grows pretty fast in my tank. I hope it does the same for you. I know they need lots of calcium and they love light :)

Awesome! I need to glue it into the hole or something. It pulled loose over night. My tank has been high in calcium lately so hopefully it will suck some up for me!

Hey I see my stuff! Glad it made it. Hope it acclimates well and opens up nicely for you. Those cloves get much bigger. They are majorly pissed off.

From earlier photos: that is the weirdest looking frogspawn I've ever seen! It almost looks like a hybrid or something.

You have loads of cool macros! :)

Thank you again! I FW dipped everything but I didn't see any pests come off. :) Did you get your rics? What makes my frogspawn different? I never noticed anything off about it but I haven't seen others in person.

crab looks dead

Nope! She was fanning the water while I was taking pics. She's quite happy and healthy so far! :happy:

I need to glue down the clove polyp shells. The hermits knocked them down last night and now they're even more pissed. Some of the macros were moved around too. I was 15 minutes late to work because I couldn't leave my tank looking so messy! :lol: They moved the yuma too. Not sure if I should move it to my pico or let it try to attach in the BC.

Nice macros! And, that crab looks very cool too. Almost looks like he is flexing - Who's da boss!!

P.S. Ric Garden = Fantastic!

Thanks!

Bad news. :( My b/w clown died this morning. I noticed last night she seemed to be gasping and her mouth was pale. My first thought was Brooklynella so I gave her a hypo dip thinking she'd get enough relief to make it through the night so I could set up a QT/treatment tank today. When I woke up she was jammed in a hole in the rockwork and when I pulled her out she just floated around and didn't try to swim. Her whole head had lost color and patches of her body. I felt awful for her so I put her out of her misery. Now I have my calendar marked for end-July before we can get any more fish. This sucks! But I guess it explains why I kept losing clowns.

Archived