Top Shelf Aquatics

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

That is a crazy expensive ticket! Our parking tickets here are $45.

Sorry to hear the build is slowing down, but at least its just until next month. That's just how things go sometimes, huh? -_-

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Washington D.C. And parked in a 'no parking after 5PM' zone. I for back to my car at 5:05 and there was my lovely ticket! Such is the life of a traveller I guess!

In tank-related news, my snails threw ANOTHER party! Little strings of yuck floating everywhere! :lol:

Guess who has a new playmate?! :lol:

Meet my newest tank inhabitant:

crab4.jpg

crab3.jpg

crab2-1.jpg

crab1.jpg

I took the kids to the LFS tonight because DD wants a firefish. They had the regular ones but she suddenly decided she wants a purple so instead of leaving empty handed I picked up a porcelain crab. Pretty sure it's a she from the peek I got of her carapace. They had a tank with a tag for sexy shrimp but the guy could only find one in there and I want at least three for my pico so I left without any. Bummer!

Love the crab!!!!! I've been thinking about getting one for the macro tank but I'm not sure how nice it would be to my sexy shrimp!!!!! I also don't want it to rearrange things with it's big claws. I really don't know their behaviour so you'll have to fill me in on that after a while. I'll make my decision based on your experience :happy:

So far she's great. She parked herself in the caulerpa that's growing on my GSP mat and hasn't moved. I added some phytofeast last night and she was waving her claws around in it. Very entertaining! My pom pom even came out to hang out with her. I think they're friends! :happy:

So far she's great. She parked herself in the caulerpa that's growing on my GSP mat and hasn't moved. I added some phytofeast last night and she was waving her claws around in it. Very entertaining! My pom pom even came out to hang out with her. I think they're friends! :happy:

Excellent!!!! Let me know if she moves things. I think I have enough maxis to appease sexies and a porcelain crab :happy:

surgicalsense

Looking great ... I love the rics evenly laid out on the sandbed.

Macros next week chic. I just to go by Gena's and pick up what she is sending and I will ship 21 or 22 FedEx.

Yay for new crab! (Anywhere else that would sound like a sick joke, but I guess here it is acceptable).

Yipee for macros! I am trying to find a soap dish for them now!

And MOAR crabs! :lol: Only here...

I've got cloves and a yuma coming! I'm trading them for one of my fuzzy mushrooms and a ric. Gotta love finally having enough to make a trade! :happy:

Good news! Params are back in line tonight after my 20% WC.

Ammonia, nitrite: 0

Nitrate: <5

Calcium: 480

Mg: 1280

AND

Phosphate: Undetectable!

I think it's time to get a new fish for the tank. I can't decide whether to try to get another o/w clown (or wait until the upgrade), get the firefish my daughter wants, or get another clown goby. I'm kind of leaning towards getting a clown goby for my pico and the firefish for this tank. :)

I would wait for the upgrade before adding another fish. Getting a new tank to handle the same bio-load as before will in itself be something to be watchful of. A lot can go wrong unexpectedly in a new tank. Unless the shift is not in sight, I would wait. Give a chance for the new tank to mature and the biological filtration to catch up.

The move is not in sight! :lol: Well maybe next month sometime if I'm really lucky. I'm going to need a ton more rock, a stronger pump, and to build the filter media rack before anything else. Then I was planning to cycle the tank anyway so it had some capabilities of handling a bioload. After that this tank might only get moved over 1 or 2 pieces at a time.

Moving 1 or 2 pieces over at a time actually sounds like a great way to build up your bioload. You could probably add more coral than that at a time, but the critters would work great for that plan.

I went to the PMASI meeting last night and made out like a bandit! I came home with three jars of foods, a whelk, and an orange digitata. The whelk and one jar of food will be going to my pico at work. Pictures after lights come on! B)

Pictures!

New FTS:

May20004.jpg

Porcelain crab:

May20007.jpg

May20006.jpg

Rics:

May20005.jpg

Frogspawn:

May20009.jpg

Mushies:

May20008.jpg

Orange Digitata Montipora:

May20002.jpg

May20003.jpg

surgicalsense

Darlin I am exhausted from todays hike.

I will ready the macro and ship first thing Tuesday morning and I will give you the tracking via FedEx.

.... geesh, I am a space case right now. Tired! Love the new additions. Your going to have a move going on soon too with your tank.

:happy:

Darlin I am exhausted from todays hike.

I will ready the macro and ship first thing Tuesday morning and I will give you the tracking via FedEx.

.... geesh, I am a space case right now. Tired! Love the new additions. Your going to have a move going on soon too with your tank.

:happy:

Hope you had an enjoyable hike nonetheless! Shipping Tuesday sounds good.

I love, love, love your ric garden. That is how I want mine to look. Awesome! B)

Thanks! I copied Gena's masterpiece!

Beautiful pics and the tank looks so nice!!

Thank you! :happy:

Beautiful pics! Love that orange digi!!!!

Me too! I think I'm getting better with the point n shoot settings!

TeflonTomDosh
Hope you had an enjoyable hike nonetheless! Shipping Tuesday sounds good.

Thanks! I copied Gena's masterpiece!

Thank you! :happy:

Me too! I think I'm getting better with the point n shoot settings!

What kind of camera are you using?

Archived