Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

I'm hoping it's there today since it was supposed to go out Monday after they forgot to send it out last week. I should have my Reef Cleaners order today or tomorrow too! Woohoo for CUC and macros! :D

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a reef cleaners order coming in as well. Snails and macro for my frag tank :) We'll have to compare notes. Mine should be here today too. It shipped on Monday :)

Awesome! I ordered the 5 gallon quick crew plus red gracilaria, chaeto (for turning my media basket into a fuge), and 1 penny macro (can't wait to see what I get!). I also got some more empty hermit shells since 2 of mine have moved up to new shells recently. Don't want any murdered snails! :)

I didn't do a quick crew, but picked a few different types of snails. I actually can't remember all the macro, but I know I ordered chaeto (for the pods) and the penny macro. Oh...some ulva and a red variety that I can't remember the name of!

Since I only have 8 snails currently (3 trochus, 5 'candy' - nerite?) plus the 6-7 hermits (they switch shells so fast I can never keep track of them all), I figured that more sand sifting snails plus some different types would only help things. I have lots of nitrogen bubbles in my sandbed as Deckoz pointed out and I get all kinds of brown around them (diatoms?) so I think the sand sifting snails will help keep that down. Plus then I can feed heavier!

Got my Reef Cleaners order! Definitely a ton of snails but I don't see all the kinds listed under the quick crew represented? A crapload of cerith and nassarius but I don't see any nerite. :huh: I'll have to watch and see if they emerge from the pile at some point. The red gracilaria lost all it's red in the bag. The water looked like koolaid. I had to rinse it a million times before I added it and then most of it fell apart and ended up in my intakes and powerhead. The penny macro and the chaeto look great though. I'm excited to see how things go now that I turned my media basket into a fuge.

PYA order didn't show up. I hope it shows tomorrow. :(

Running params before I head to bed since the snail-mageddon has me a little freaked out.

Temp: 79.7

S.G.: 1.025

dKH: 11

pH: 8-8.2

Ammonia:0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Calcium: 400

Phosphate: 0

I've counted 33 dwarf certiths so far! :o Found 2 nerites and 3 nassarius out of the pile plus at least 1 tiny, tiny blue leg hermit. :)

My macros arrived in perfect shape. I got way more dwarf ceriths than I ordered...which was to be expected :lol:

I got some nass snails which I didn't order :lol: They were mixed in with the dwarf ceriths. Poor guys probably won't be too happy in my sandless frag tank!

I'm still trying to figure out what the penny macro is. Whatever it is, it looks like it's a runner and has tiny tube shapes. It's green. What does your penny macro look like?

It looks like something that would grow on a tree. It's a stem with two green leaves. :huh:

Other than all the tiny pieces of gracilaria floating around my tank I'm pretty happy with it all. I need to remind myself that I can relax a little with the chaeto now! I don't want to starve it with all the cleaning I feel compelled to do! :lol:

Is your gracilaria the orange colored stuff? I got that and love it!!! It's floating all over my tank as well :lol:

Your penny macro is definitely not the same thing I got. Take a picture when you get the chance.

Yes, the gracilaria is orange and floating everywhere! :lol: I took some pics right after I put everything in but I didn't upload them. I'll try to do it tomorrow.

PYA order didn't show up. I hope it shows tomorrow. :(

I ordered from Phil (PYA) a little while ago and everything went fine. I do know that he is in the process of converting from just online sales to an actual store. I also know he mentioned something about there possibly being some disruptions/delays with the website while this is happening.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure he'll come through for you. He's got quality stuff and reasonably priced.

On a separate note, I really like your tank :)

That's right...I did read that about him opening a brick and mortar store as well. Still...you should never slack on communication with customers. I agree he has nice stuff though :)

I ordered from Phil (PYA) a little while ago and everything went fine. I do know that he is in the process of converting from just online sales to an actual store. I also know he mentioned something about there possibly being some disruptions/delays with the website while this is happening.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure he'll come through for you. He's got quality stuff and reasonably priced.

On a separate note, I really like your tank :)

Thanks. I understand that there are other things going on but I'm still disappointed. I ordered April 10th then a few days later was told they didn't know when I wanted it shipped. I said any day was fine. After another week I asked for the status and was told they forgot to ship it. He said he'd throw in an extra frag so I was pretty happy. Then I emailed on Tuesday since they were supposed to go out Monday and I didn't get a notification. All I got in answer was an email saying they did go out, no ETA, no tracking info, nothing. I figured that meant they went out Monday. Which if that's true then they've been in the mail for 3+ days now and I still don't have them and I have no way to track them. I'm pretty much expecting dead frags now. :(

That's right...I did read that about him opening a brick and mortar store as well. Still...you should never slack on communication with customers. I agree he has nice stuff though :)

I hope they're REALLY nice because I don't think I'll order there again.

Thanks. I understand that there are other things going on but I'm still disappointed. I ordered April 10th then a few days later was told they didn't know when I wanted it shipped. I said any day was fine. After another week I asked for the status and was told they forgot to ship it. He said he'd throw in an extra frag so I was pretty happy. Then I emailed on Tuesday since they were supposed to go out Monday and I didn't get a notification. All I got in answer was an email saying they did go out, no ETA, no tracking info, nothing. I figured that meant they went out Monday. Which if that's true then they've been in the mail for 3+ days now and I still don't have them and I have no way to track them. I'm pretty much expecting dead frags now. :(

I hope they're REALLY nice because I don't think I'll order there again.

Which is completely understandable considering the service you have received. I've been selling online for about 15 years. One thing you can never slack on is communication. Maybe they are really new at this, and will hopefully learn fast on how to do things the right way.

My PYA order showed up yesterday. I got both frags into the tank but they haven't opened as of this AM. I'm hoping to see signs of life when I get home.

Now for the BIG news! I'm going to look at a 40B setup with 15G sump on Monday! The seller says they wanted to set up a SW tank but ran out of funds and time so they're selling the whole BRAND NEW setup for a steal! If it looks like it's in good shape I'll be upgrading much sooner than I expected! Now I just have to break the news to my hubby! :lol:

ETA: What's a good light for a 40B that won't take me broke? And should I just add another Koralia powerhead or am I going to be wishing for an MP10? I am okay with the tank and sump sitting for a bit while I gather everything up but I'm excited to get working on it too!

AWESOME!

For a tank that size I would do T5s. I really like the AquaticLife fixtures. You could just get a cheaper fixture and put good bulbs in it. I think Aquatraders has good prices.

Thanks! I'll look into both of those. I have no experience with T5 so I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions. :happy:

surgicalsense

In regards to what you were talking to Kat about with the moon lights.

... now I have two LEDs blue lights that are already wired and they are my original moon lights that came with my NC. I am not using them and I am not replacing them. Want?

I know you have a BC, but lights are lights. Your welcomed to them and I am sure someone could assist with how to get them up and running.

If not... no harm, no foul.

Thanks! I have the moon LEDs I removed from the BC. I'm just not sure about placement and wiring since I pretty much just ripped them out. I might just use my RGB dimmed as low as it goes on blue for nights. If it doesn't work then oh well and the fish will go on living in the dark at night. :)

As an aside, my BTA disappeared? :huh: No sign of it, not in the powerhead or back chambers, not anywhere I can find in the scape. How does that happen?

Also, does the inTank 10W fuge light produce a lot of heat? My tank has gone up about 2 degrees since setting up the fuge. I'm getting ready to find the dremel and cut some extra holes in the hood for cooling.

Oh, and my PYA cloves haven't opened yet. I'm pretty sure they're dead. I will never order from them ever again. :angry:

Thanks! I have the moon LEDs I removed from the BC. I'm just not sure about placement and wiring since I pretty much just ripped them out. I might just use my RGB dimmed as low as it goes on blue for nights. If it doesn't work then oh well and the fish will go on living in the dark at night. :)

As an aside, my BTA disappeared? :huh: No sign of it, not in the powerhead or back chambers, not anywhere I can find in the scape. How does that happen?

Also, does the inTank 10W fuge light produce a lot of heat? My tank has gone up about 2 degrees since setting up the fuge. I'm getting ready to find the dremel and cut some extra holes in the hood for cooling.

Oh, and my PYA cloves haven't opened yet. I'm pretty sure they're dead. I will never order from them ever again. :angry:

Why not just email/call and explain what happened and see what they can do? Did you have it overnighted?

Why not just email/call and explain what happened and see what they can do? Did you have it overnighted?

Because I have had nothing but trouble since I placed the order. I ordered on April 10. A day or two later they sent me an email asking what day I wanted the order to ship. On the 13th I told them any day was fine. On the 20th I still hadn't received my order so I emailed them asking about it. They replied that they FORGOT to send it out and it would go out on the 23rd. On the 24th I emailed again because I never got a shipping notice and they said it went out but no info on what day, when it would arrive, or tracking info. The order finally arrived on the 26th, SIXTEEN days after I placed the order and 3+ days after it supposedly shipped. I 100% give up on PYA and I want nothing to do with them ever again. I'm out 2 frags and patience!

Since these are my first clove polyps can anyone tell me if there's hope for them?

PYAcloves.jpg

PYAcloves2.jpg

On a happier note, I finally got up the guts to frag some of my rics with multiple mouths. I now have 4 'babies' and I might be trading 1 or 2 for a purple sponge from a local reefer. I glued down the other halves to some of my LR. I think I'm going to slowly move my ric carpet to the LR and make a ric ledge instead. :) So here's a pic of my 4 frags mounted on LR rubble. I think I did a good job for a first try and they seem to be doing just fine.

ricfrags.jpg

Because I have had nothing but trouble since I placed the order. I ordered on April 10. A day or two later they sent me an email asking what day I wanted the order to ship. On the 13th I told them any day was fine. On the 20th I still hadn't received my order so I emailed them asking about it. They replied that they FORGOT to send it out and it would go out on the 23rd. On the 24th I emailed again because I never got a shipping notice and they said it went out but no info on what day, when it would arrive, or tracking info. The order finally arrived on the 26th, SIXTEEN days after I placed the order and 3+ days after it supposedly shipped. I 100% give up on PYA and I want nothing to do with them ever again. I'm out 2 frags and patience!

Yeah I read it all.

Still don't understand why a 5 minute email wouldn't be possible. If you can afford to just lose 2 frags then all the more power to you. I'd rather spend a minute, talk to them, and et what you paid for.

Did you pay for overnight shipping? If you did then the way they sent it was not what you paid for and that alone could get you your money back I'm sure. And if you didn't pay for overnight shipping then this would be one of those live and learn moments

Yeah I read it all.

Still don't understand why a 5 minute email wouldn't be possible. If you can afford to just lose 2 frags then all the more power to you. I'd rather spend a minute, talk to them, and et what you paid for.

Did you pay for overnight shipping? If you did then the way they sent it was not what you paid for and that alone could get you your money back I'm sure. And if you didn't pay for overnight shipping then this would be one of those live and learn moments

PYA's site states "waiving the signature requirement voids the guarantee". I waived signature requirements just in case my husband wasn't here yet when it arrived. He works night shift so he brings my packages in when they arrive. PYA's site also states that the guarantee is waived if the carrier screws up and looses the package or delivers it late. So if they did mail it on Monday and UPS left it outside for the next 2 days until they finally put it on a truck and dropped it at my door there's nothing I can do. I spent the last 2+ weeks emailing with them every few days trying to figure out when I was getting the single frag I ordered and got nothing but headaches. I doubt that it will get any better by emailing them again. I'll try though. -_-

Sorry to hear about the frags. It is disappointing considering the good experience I (and others) have had with PYA.

Maybe try sending Phil a pm on here as well? Explain what happened and see what he says?

Archived