Top Shelf Aquatics

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowing the locals is the best way to go!

Go to the swap! You wouldn't want to miss it, I had so much fun and meeting the vendors is the best! ;)

Loooove this pic!

Woohoo! My photography skills must be improving! :)

Knowing the locals is the best way to go!

Go to the swap! You wouldn't want to miss it, I had so much fun and meeting the vendors is the best! ;)

I so wish I could. I pulled up the info last night and it's 4 hours away. I have both kids because hubby is working that weekend. Between the kids, drive time and the fact that I won't have my paycheck until two days after the swap I just don't think it will work this time.

So no real news tonight other than that I went to a Marine Aquarium Society meeting. The speaker is a copepod researcher so I learned a good deal about culturing pods and I'm going to put those ideas into practice on my own cultures over the next couple weeks and see how it goes. I met a lot of nice local reefers so I hope I'll have some donations to my tank over the coming months. I entered a raffle for a frag of elegance but didn't win even though there were nine pieces. :( Next time I'll take cash since now I know they do the raffles! Also I learned there's a frag swap next weekend so I have to see if I can make it! :D

That sounds like fun!!!!! I need to look into a local aquarium club.

That sounds like fun!!!!! I need to look into a local aquarium club.

Where are you in SoCal? If your near Long Beach, check out Southern California Reef Keepers (SCRK). We hold a monthly meeting/frag swap/food/beer/speaker/raffle...at Age of Aquariums (AOA).

Where are you in SoCal? If your near Long Beach, check out Southern California Reef Keepers (SCRK). We hold a monthly meeting/frag swap/food/beer/speaker/raffle...at Age of Aquariums (AOA).

That sounds great!!!! I'm in Burbank though. I think the San Fernando Valley Reefers club is the one I need to look into. Yours sounds awesome though :happy:

You and Gena have such awesome rics :D

Seriously, sweet rics. I have one, that I just noticed grew a second mouth! I want more, but every time I see them, there so pricey.

Coral Morphologic has a 12 for $99 deal and they always throw in an extra for me! That works out to $7.62 a piece with the extra one. ;) I'm going to try to cut some of mine once the mouths grow a little farther apart. If it works I'll be selling them for cheap too. I'm going to try to convince the hubby to let me have a frag tank in our sunroom for the summer and then move over to a larger tank come fall. :happy:

Coral Morphologic has a 12 for $99 deal and they always throw in an extra for me! That works out to $7.62 a piece with the extra one. ;) I'm going to try to cut some of mine once the mouths grow a little farther apart. If it works I'll be selling them for cheap too. I'm going to try to convince the hubby to let me have a frag tank in our sunroom for the summer and then move over to a larger tank come fall. :happy:

That's crazy! My LFS wants 20-30...each! While that's not TOO bad if you want one or two, but for a bigger amount, your talking some coin.

That's crazy! My LFS wants 20-30...each! While that's not TOO bad if you want one or two, but for a bigger amount, your talking some coin.

One of the LFS usually has only green rics and charges $14.99 a piece. CM sent me 6 pinks, a few rainbows, a green, couple purple and blues, plus some orange and golds. I picked out 6 from their WYSIWYG section and then added on a 12 for $99 pack. Best thing I've done for my tank yet, coral-wise!

tank looks great!

Thanks for stopping by!

Good news! Everything is open and happy and my inTank order arrived today! Got shipping notice on my Reef Cleaners order. Now I'm just waiting for my PYA order to ship. If I don't get a notice soon I might just have a conniption! I placed the order April 10th for Pete's sake!

Good news! Everything is open and happy and my inTank order arrived today! Got shipping notice on my Reef Cleaners order. Now I'm just waiting for my PYA order to ship. If I don't get a notice soon I might just have a conniption! I placed the order April 10th for Pete's sake!

Nice! What'd you get from InTank? Media basket?

Nice! What'd you get from InTank? Media basket?

Chemipure and a fuge light. I'm going to turn my media basket into a fuge. :)

Bummer on the swap but I understand!

Hope all is well

Yeah. The tank is well. Everything else is crappy. I'll take what I can get for now though. ;)

Work just keeps getting worse and worse. I was informed I have a 1PM meeting with the president today. If you don't hear from me for awhile it's probably because I'm job-less. :(

I'm doing my best to copy Gena! :lol: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right? :happy:

Awe....I'm sincerly flattered, thank you :happy: I have to say your ricordea garden has surpassed mine in awesomeness!!!!!!

I'm going to try to convince the hubby to let me have a frag tank in our sunroom for the summer and then move over to a larger tank come fall. :happy:

omgomgomgfingerscrossed

Has PYA said what the hold-up is? Thats a bit of an excessive wait time, I'd say!!!!!

Work just keeps getting worse and worse. I was informed I have a 1PM meeting with the president today. If you don't hear from me for awhile it's probably because I'm job-less. :(

Oh no....I hope everything is and will be ok!!!!!

Emailed PYA again this morning and no reply yet. If it hasn't shipped yet I'm going to ask to cancel the order. :(

Meeting went okay. I addressed my concerns and I'm waiting to see if anything actually changes now.

Emailed PYA again this morning and no reply yet. If it hasn't shipped yet I'm going to ask to cancel the order. :(

Meeting went okay. I addressed my concerns and I'm waiting to see if anything actually changes now.

No response to your email? That's bad! Glad the meeting went ok...hopefully things change in your favor!

That deal sounds awesome! The new owner of the lfs I go to has just declared a "sale" on items for the same price the previous owner's sold stuff. Not looking good for his longevity! He's even raising prices on salt water -- may just have to move to the mix-my-own club, though it's not real convenient at the office.

RIcs and other pics look awesome! Those neon green mouths are wild -- mine almost never look like that :P.

No response to your email? That's bad! Glad the meeting went ok...hopefully things change in your favor!

Got a response pretty late last night. They said my order went out but no date it went out, no tracking info, and no ETA. How am I supposed to know when to rush home or warn my husband to bring it in? He said he threw in an extra frag though so that makes me feel a little better. I just hope it goes well with the overall look of my aquarium since I don't know what it is.

That deal sounds awesome! The new owner of the lfs I go to has just declared a "sale" on items for the same price the previous owner's sold stuff. Not looking good for his longevity! He's even raising prices on salt water -- may just have to move to the mix-my-own club, though it's not real convenient at the office.

RIcs and other pics look awesome! Those neon green mouths are wild -- mine almost never look like that :P.

I mix SW in a rubbermaind tub at home. Then in the morning I just scoop out a milk jug full and bring it to work. I also keep a milk jug of RODI water for top offs. Makes it really easy. I just shake the SW to make sure it's mixed before I add it to my tank at work.

The rics are really awesome! I've noticed that most of them have 2-3+ mouths now. I'm going to order some coral RX and start splitting them next month. I really hope Petco has their $1 per gallon sale soon so I can get a frag tank for all the rics I'm sure to end up with!

I've ordered twice from PYA. The communication was perfectly fine both times. The first order, my magicians melted on me, but the open brain coral that also came in that order has been perfect.

I just ordered from him again a few week ago using the credit I had on the magicians. The palythoas came in mostly looking ok, but one frag looked near death. I did lose a couple of heads on that one right away, but the remaining have really started taking off for me. PYA credited me the entire cost of that frag as well. I was happy it was money-back as opposed to store credit again. So I've had good luck with him and bad luck as well. I'll be interested to see how your order turns out.

Archived