Top Shelf Aquatics

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

Hmm do you think my tank would be okay without the Koralia running for a couple days? I only have a maxi jet 900 return pump for flow otherwise. I wish I could dial down the flow somehow.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the rics I have came already attached to rubble or rock. You need to get the flow way down until they settle in. And even then, you want pretty low flow for them. Although I keep reading that ricordea tolerate higher flow than other mushrooms. Mine seem to adore the low flow though. I've also found that they like to be in direct contact with each other. This seems to keep them pretty settled. None of mine have tried to escape one me with these conditions.

Where did you get your rics from? CM? Or just all over?

Love that garden of yours :)

Hmm do you think my tank would be okay without the Koralia running for a couple days? I only have a maxi jet 900 return pump for flow otherwise. I wish I could dial down the flow somehow.

Just aim it up and you should be fine :)

Rics are in! :D Here's pics:

FTS today (everything was still pissed about being moved and jostled):

FTS4-10-12.jpg

Before I get into ric gardens, here is a shot of my BTA. I fed it silversides for the first time today. It was neat to watch it eat! My mini mini ate a chunk as well! :D

nemeatingsilverside.jpg

Okay, RIC GARDEN! ;)

Really cool packaging:

packaging.jpg

Note (Yes, they gave me 13! A baker's dozen!):

note.jpg

Prepping rics:

halfway.jpg

Mounted on rubble and ready for the tank:

ready1.jpg

Ric Garden:

ricgarden.jpg

Left side:

rics3.jpg

Center:

rics2.jpg

Right side:

rics1.jpg

To do this, I removed each ric from the tupperware one at a time. I gently patted the underside dry and picked out a piece of rubble to attach it to. I applied super glue to the rubble and the bottom of the ric and then gently pressed them together. Once they stayed together I moved the rubble with the ric back to the tupperware to cure while I moved on to the next one. I also rescued one of my original rics from the deep dark depths of the back of my scape and did the same with it. I couldn't find my green one though. But now I have 14 beautiful rics just waiting to grow and carpet the front of my tank! :D

Coral Morphologic's 12 for $99 (or 13 in this case). I really love them! The pink is my favorite by far! I'll definitely be ordering from them again!

Really good actually! I love, Love, LOVE the pink one! I want like 20 pink rics now! :lol: I can't wait to see them under the LEDs!

Almost forgot! I rescued what's left of my macros from the back of the scape and glued them to rubble as well! Pics tomorrow when lights are on! :D

Where did you get your rics from? CM? Or just all over?

Love that garden of yours :)

I got mine from reefgardener.net

That's a beautiful mix of ricordeas!!!!! Love all the colors!!!!! The greens and pinks are my favorites. I actually am waiting on some pinks from Morgan ;)

The only flow I have in my tank is from the return pump and that's only a MJ 600...so less flow than you have and everything is very happy. You'd be fine removing the koralia if you wanted to do so.

Congrats on the new beauties :happy:

Thanks Gena! I'm really excited to see how they look in a few days. And especially once I get the LEDs in! :happy: I can't wait to see your new pink ones! I'm thinking of asking CM about collecting me an all pink pack! :lol:

Well my rescued runaway ric ran away again overnight. I don't know how it does that! :angry: All of the CM rics are still firmly in place and seem happy. I can't wait to see how they look when I get home. Oh, and LED's should arrive today so I just might stay up all night installing them! ;):lol:

ETA:

Even my Green Clown Goby loves the new ric carpet!

greenclowngoby1.jpg

greenclowngoby2.jpg

:o mushrooms are pretty much 100% success rate in fragging...cut a bunch in half to help cover the foor more like you want it. heck, you can probably frag a bunch and sell them to play for your hobby.
:o mushrooms are pretty much 100% success rate in fragging...cut a bunch in half to help cover the foor more like you want it. heck, you can probably frag a bunch and sell them to play for your hobby.

They'll puff up. The green ric that I can't find right now would blow up to the size of my palm during the day. :happy:

Looking good, I responded on the vendor forum by mistake.

Did the Xenia ever get happy?

Thanks! I saw that. The xenia is still pissed. I might move it again. Maybe up onto the middle rock and see if it will grow on the back wall. Maybe the LED's will make it happy? It's close to the BTA so it should be getting lots of leftovers blowing by after I feed the nems.

Wow! Wall to wall ric carpeting! Looks great!

No kidding! I can't wait until the get big and full!

Thanks Gena! I'm really excited to see how they look in a few days. And especially once I get the LEDs in! :happy: I can't wait to see your new pink ones! I'm thinking of asking CM about collecting me an all pink pack! :lol:

I'm excited for you!!!! Lighting makes all the difference with color!!!!! My ricordeas have exploded with color since I added the extra blue/magenta pro. I'm shocked at the difference!!!!

A pink pack would be beyond AMAZING!!!!!! :happy:

I really want some blue ones and a few teal ones :)

I got a ton of different colors in the CM pack. I wish I had a camera that would really take nice pics. My photographer friend is coming over next weekend so I'll ask her to snap a few for me. :)

I'm excited for you!!!! Lighting makes all the difference with color!!!!! My ricordeas have exploded with color since I added the extra blue/magenta pro. I'm shocked at the difference!!!!

A pink pack would be beyond AMAZING!!!!!! :happy:

Gena, I think you and I should join up with some of the other ladies and propagate as many pink corals as we can. Then we'll start our own specialty coral shop! Pink Corals, Inc.! :D

I got a ton of different colors in the CM pack. I wish I had a camera that would really take nice pics. My photographer friend is coming over next weekend so I'll ask her to snap a few for me. :)

Gena, I think you and I should join up with some of the other ladies and propagate as many pink corals as we can. Then we'll start our own specialty coral shop! Pink Corals, Inc.! :D

You know....its funny you mentioned this :lol: I have something in the works that involves just that!!!!!!! I just bought www.pinkcorals.com.

It may take me a little while to actually get things going with it though since I'm waiting on things to grow ;)

You know....its funny you mentioned this :lol: I have something in the works that involves just that!!!!!!! I just bought www.pinkcorals.com.

It may take me a little while to actually get things going with it though since I'm waiting on things to grow ;)

Cool! When mine grow I'll help you out with frags if you'll let me buy a couple choice ones from you! ;)

LEDs are in! I was surprised at how easy it actually was. The hardest part was removing the hood without jostling the tank too much! I gutted it fairly quickly and then screwed in the Ecoxotic modules. I broke out a piece of the internal wall to run the wires out since they didn't fit through the old holes so hopefully that won't let too much moisture or anything in. I let them run at 100% for about an hour and, if anything, my corals looked happier. The BTA immediately started to move. I think I may come home to find it in a new spot tomorrow. ;) I can't believe how great my o/w perc looks under these lights either. I just wish I had a camera that could really capture it. But here's some pics from my crappy point and shoot for now.

LEDs:

April11042.jpg

Clowns under LED:

April11033.jpg

April11034.jpg

April11036.jpg

April11039.jpg

BTA getting excited:

April11032.jpg

April11045.jpg

Frogspawn as open as I've seen it:

April11046.jpg