SaltCritters.com

New Fluval Edge 6gal

Ads5689

I'm new to SW but I've had FW for years, I started with the Fluval edge and have had it running for about 6 weeks now , i currently have it with the stock filter, 50watt heater, 90gph power hear for circulation, and have the stock LEDs but adding the Stunner Led strip this week for better lighting for corals.

There is currently 3 turbo snails,2 red legs, one cardinal, and one firefish goby. Any other fish I can add?

Last big question should I add a protein skimmer and if soo how can I install or would it be a DIY project?

All input is much appreciated thanks.

To have definitely hit your stocking limit. No more fish and you probably have to many turbos for that small of a tank.

Nanos don't really need protein skimmers so I would go without. Partial water changes will do.

What are your water parameters with that kind of bioload in a small tank? Also, what is your water change volume and frequency?

Um that coral in the middle seems to be a digitata that was alive at one point however is now just decoration yeah? I at one point wanted to also do one of these edge tanks.. they are cool.. my biggest concern is gas exchange... do you have the water line right to the top?

Um that coral in the middle seems to be a digitata that was alive at one point however is now just decoration yeah? I at one point wanted to also do one of these edge tanks.. they are cool.. my biggest concern is gas exchange... do you have the water line right to the top?

The only way you could get a skimmer on this tank is if you ran a sump and placed the skimmer in there. Good luck with the tank.

Yes I have the water all the way to the top, and why you say it's dead? It was the same color when I bought it and it's also growing

maybe it's just the picture.. just seems like it's all white.. can't see tissue.. the big thing is SPS won't thrive under those lighting conditions sorry.. I would pack that with softies and mushrooms..

Archived