SaltCritters.com

Deez new 2.3g extra long pico project

deeznutz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beautiful pico tank deeznuts!

i'm local to you (in Hamilton), and will definately be looking for you once my tank is cycled for some frags! grow out some of those zoos and frag then already!

sexy shrimp ftw! tho i want to put pom-pom crabs in my pico.

Thanks man, I just might do it. I've never seen pom pom crabs in my area. but again this pico stocking thing is somewhat new to me :)

Doesn't everyone?! :haha:

I would if I saw one.

beautiful pico tank deeznuts!

i'm local to you (in Hamilton), and will definately be looking for you once my tank is cycled for some frags! grow out some of those zoos and frag then already!

Thanks man and yuppers, i can get you frags when they are grown in a bit :)

-dan

Shouldn't you know by now to get a top?

But seriously sorry about the loss.

I know right??? A top really kills the look. So i won't be going with fish anymore.

-dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hahaha, not funny! I'm not sure why they are jumpping. I know with the meanwell drivers when they turn off they slowly fade and just after they go out, they give a last burst of light. I'm thinking this scares them and makes them jump. But who knows.

Looks like I'm only going to keep inverts instead. I want a whole whack(10ish) of sexy shrimp. But I'm worried they will eat my prized zoos. any thoughts?

-dan

:(

do you add them with the lights off?

Sorry guys no real updates. I've added live stock both with lights on and off.

I guess the only real update is that Ill be selling this setup.

Please pm/email if you are interested. I will ship it :)

Thanks

-dan

I'd take a few frags if you were selling, but i'm downsizing myself. good luck selling it man, it is an awesome tank.

Crazy build, I love it.

great little tank i like u idea

Thanks guys!

Update,

Well I haven't sold the tank yet. I've been pretty lazy lately. I think ill be cleaning the tank out this week and starting fresh since its algae problem is embarressing to say the least.

So I might be keeping the tank after all :)

Dan

Do eet! its one sexy tank! you're also lucky you have a huge sump attached, my pico will look like #### if I get lazy with the wcs.

Do eet! its one sexy tank! you're also lucky you have a huge sump attached, my pico will look like #### if I get lazy with the wcs.

Thanks man, I am lucky to have the sump, but it looks like crap right now because I've been lazy and busy. I'll try to post a pic of the current condition. It's pathetic lol

-dan

• 2 weeks later...

Well I didn't end up selling the tank. I actually got a lot of calls and trying to co-ordinate and schedule meet ins etc was just too much work, so i said I'll just keep it for now.

I'll have to admit the tank was a mess and I was ashamed to even look at it. Anyways I got it cleaned up last week and I got it stocked again.

This time around, I'm doing things a bit different.

First off, I've found zoos don't do well in this tank, why? Who knows, the leds aren't' working for me. So I'm going to shrooms, sps and anenomes.

Secondly, fish don't work either as i can't have a top on it and fish like to jump in a tank this shallow. So I've decided to do inverts only. So far I have 2 harlequin shimp, 1 dwarf coral banded and 4 sexy shrimp. So far so good.

Lastly, I changed the flow of the tank. In the first setup i had the returns coming from the right and pushing it across to the left. I think this setup cause water to not fully turn over in the tank and thus causing algae growth. I've now put the return right in the middle and tee'd it. I hope this resolves the flow issue.

I'll be adding more corals when I get back form vacation. I'm going to let these guys settle in for the mean time.

Here are some pics

cdf47587.jpg

40c232fd.jpg

81271774.jpg

fb0c20fc.jpg

6389f54c.jpg

-dan

:o

amazing!!!!!

Looks awesome

Thanks guys! I just hope it looks like this after i return from vacation :)

-dan

This is THE COOLEST GODDAMN TANK I HAVE EVER SEEN.

:o

Im stalking this thread.

:blush:

Thanks dude, thats a really bold statement! hopefuly things will start to growin nicely once I start adding some Sps. I still want a fish but that won't happen. Unless there's one that won't jump. :(

surgicalsense
:(

do you add them with the lights off?

Less stress with introduction. I did this when I introducted my clown fishes to one another.

:blush:

Thanks dude, thats a really bold statement! hopefuly things will start to growin nicely once I start adding some Sps. I still want a fish but that won't happen. Unless there's one that won't jump. :(

I think a yellow clown goby might be good. They dont tend to swim, more than just scoot around.

This is byfar my favorite tank ive ever seen someone do. It is so unique, and great plumbing. Really impressed with everything, including the DIY lights.

Archived