Innovative Marine Aquariums

Vietnam pics

disaster999

incredible pics. great job

I also took a bunch of pics in 'nam. halong bay was all cloudy when I went but it looks like you nabbed some pretty amazing shots--particularly that last one

vietnam is probably is the most beautiful place Ive ever been to--really nice shots, thanks for sharing!

I love your last picture.

and agreed it is a very beautiful place to take pictures at. Wish I had a DSLR when I went there.

here are some with a pns. sorry to highjack your thread!

292_24269192525_662352525_1071224_1061_n.jpg

292_24269262525_662352525_1071237_5489_n.jpg

292_24269072525_662352525_1071200_3648_n.jpg

cuboy, i wish weather was like that when i went.

the scenery is truly amazing. i would of liked it more if the weather was clear when i was there. i think its worth to go there one more time, no more no less, just for the pictures

im surprised their city isnt engulfed in flames yet with those kind of wirings. thats not the worst ive seen but thats the worst one i can capture.

Some friend! I'm scared to let my old gear go for the weekend.

well we did agree that if anything were to happen to his stuff ill pay him back. he kinda owe me a lot of favors too =P

went there with my family for vacation a few years ago. best place i've ever been to.

went to saigon, nha trang and da lat, so basically the city, ocean and jungle. the food was amazing and everything was cheap. stayed at a 5 star hotel and treated like kings for 80 bucks a night.

stayed there for a month and didnt wanna come back to the states.

airline tickets were expensive though -_-

went there with my family for vacation a few years ago. best place i've ever been to.

went to saigon, nha trang and da lat, so basically the city, ocean and jungle. the food was amazing and everything was cheap. stayed at a 5 star hotel and treated like kings for 80 bucks a night.

stayed there for a month and didnt wanna come back to the states.

airline tickets were expensive though -_-

lol I stayed in $15/night hostels and was treated like a king! it really is a great country though. on my trip I saw cambodia too--also a great place, albeit devastatingly poor. I really want to check out laos and thailand too

lol I stayed in $15/night hostels and was treated like a king! it really is a great country though. on my trip I saw cambodia too--also a great place, albeit devastatingly poor. I really want to check out laos and thailand too

i stayed at 15 dollar hotels in da lat... it was scary to say the least. LOL

can't beat $1 Pho ANYWHERE!!!!!!!

or $15 para sailing

I did a little bit of diving off the coast of Nha Trang. first reef was decent. the second reef was a soft coral reef and it BLEW MY FREAKIN MIND. this was before I started the hobby though so I dont know what kind of coral it was :tears: :tears: :tears:

Ive done a fair amount of diving and more snorkeling than I can remember/count and that 2nd reef was truly something special... insanely colorful

lots of live fish places and stuff though (for food) I ate a mantis. it was good. they sold them everywhere

Yes but what about corals and fish...see any.? Heard they have nice clams from over there.

Msjboy

clams were delicious if that's what you were askin! =D

Amazing how Americans can go to a country where over 100,000 Americans died for a lost cause for people that did not even care that they were there and say how beautiful and great it is. Its pretty sad that maybe just one of you could maybe have said something about that in your great description of the country. I understand that not all posters are from the USA.

Its like taking your family to Iraq and having a picnic......

Amazing how Americans can go to a country where over 100,000 Americans died for a lost cause for people that did not even care that they were there and say how beautiful and great it is. Its pretty sad that maybe just one of you could maybe have said something about that in your great description of the country. I understand that not all posters are from the USA.

sorry if I offend any vets with this rant, but ####ting all over an amazing country rich in culture, scenery, and genuinely hospitable people simply because we sent proud americans over there to fight decades ago is flat out offensive to me.

I actually talked to a few vietnamese vets on both sides as well as a lot of 20 year olds about their views on the war when I was there. it was very enlightening. the general consensus is that the war was DEVASTATING to their own country and the majority of the older generation still doesnt think too fondly of us--which is more than understandable.

the younger generation was more than happy to talk and were actually very excited to meet with us simply because we were american. so instead of hating on a beautiful country in blind support of 'merica--try to see things from their side

vietnam saw many orders of magnitude of horrible death and destruction in their home country than america did. the effects of the war are still very present in everyday life in most of the vietnamese I spoke to--irrespective of age. perhaps some american vets are still haunted by all the messed up #### they saw/experienced, but the war as a whole has had a relatively inconsequential impact on modern-day US compared to vietnam

also 'just one of us' did say something. go look at rays post.

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

I have made multiple trips to Vietnam as part of teams that recover and repatriate the remains of missing service members (as both a uniformed service member and a Department of Defense employee). It is a beautiful country, with beautiful people. During my time there I got to see many perspectives and reflect on the nature of that war. I also made friends there, that I maintain contact with. I am also planning on taking my family there to vacation.

On one trip, after a few days working an old RF4 crash site in the jungle, we came back into Hanoi to refit. I was having dinner in a local western bar and struck up a conversation with a Kiwi. He asked me how many service members were still unaccounted for. I told him around 2,000. He asked if we ever looked for the 1.5 million Vietnamese who went missing during the war. Interesting moment.

I'm sorry but I have to point out the ignorance of this as you have only described nearly every known country around the world. Vietnam is another brick in the wall. War has raged since the dawn of time. It's not the only place people fought and have died. Go far back enough and Rome and England were perhaps some of the worst. Do you Rave every time someone travels there?

Archived