Cultivated Reef

Lighting is important for the corals

jessy

:happy: Lighting should be the most important element in the growing corals.Majority reef aquariums contain corals that are photosynthetic and depend on proper illumination for their growth.Most of the symbiotic corals derive their nutrition from the products of photosynthesis. So,lighting is an important decision you need to think before you make a decision of setting up your coral reef aquarium journal.Identify which corals you are going to keep,as soon as you know what sorts of corals you intend to keep then choose the lighting that is most suitable for it.

Besides the illuminating equipment,water quality also very important,no matter how well your lighting system over your tank is,if there are yellowing agents, wastes and other dirt gathering in your water,the light source cannot reach the bottom of your tank.

There are some popular lighting system available:

T2,T5,T8 and incandescent,fluorescent,LEDs and so on.

Personally,I'd prefer the LED aquarium lighting systems,for they are more pure.We can choose a certain spectrum for our corals.

Maybe thats why all my SPS last like a day, I should take my tank out of the closest and give it a little more light than the 60w incandecent I turn on for a minute or two when Im looking for a clean shirt in the morning huh ?

Seriously ? Have you had your house checked for lead paint ? Just saying :D

Must be getting late, I thought this thread title was "Lightning is important for the corals"...Started wondering who was about electrocute themselves, and here I am! :)

Must be getting late, I thought this thread title was "Lightning is important for the corals"...Started wondering who was about electrocute themselves, and here I am! :)

Yeah lightning is also very important for coral growth ! Didnt ya know ? Why else would Ecotech offer a storm simulation on their Radium units ? LOL

Yeah lightning is also very important for coral growth ! Didnt ya know ? Why else would Ecotech offer a storm simulation on their Radium units ? LOL

Haha...I had no idea, bet that's a $200+ option...lol

Wow this is interesting, and all this time I thought I needed to feed my tank gummy worms to get good growth.

LOL

All BS aside this would be a nice little noob write up if it had a nice title or maybe even a slight suggestion as to why... Iono Im all noobd out.

Haha...I had no idea, bet that's a $200+ option...lol

No I think that is included in the $750 price tag for a single unit that will light a 29g. :D

And it does not benefit anything besides looking cool for your friends FYI LOL

Wow this is interesting, and all this time I thought I needed to feed my tank gummy worms to get good growth.

LOL

All BS aside this would be a nice little noob write up if it had a nice title or maybe even a slight suggestion as to why... Iono Im all noobd out.

OP's post smells of a foreign generated attempt at making an illegitimate account appear to be legit...

Then again, there are snipers in the trees, so I have to stay indoors where the ninjas protect me... :ninja:

omgomgomg:scarry:omgomgomg

Or the OP is a ninja, one of the ninjas that "protect you"! Bwahahaha :ninja:

Shhh...can't sleep, clowns will eat me...

In a somewhat relevant to the OP topic, who likes AquaStyleOnline DIY kits...anyone...Bueller...Bueller...?

No I think that is included in the $750 price tag for a single unit that will light a 29g. :D

And it does not benefit anything besides looking cool for your friends FYI LOL

Right? "Check this out, guys! *insert generic flash and thunder rumble here* Thats why I can't afford my rent this month!" Hehe

I was leaning towards aquastyle but I got a killer deal on some Boosts.

OP must be a ninja in order to know so much about this light thing she/he speaks about!

I was leaning towards aquastyle but I got a killer deal on some Boosts.

OP must be a ninja in order to know so much about this light thing she/he speaks about!

Tell me about it, some words of wisdom right here...

"There are some popular lighting system available:

T2,T5,T8 and incandescent,fluorescent,LEDs and so on."

I'm surprised they left out halogen and induction... :eek:

I also like how they list diffferent types of fluorescent, and then re-state fluorescent...Phew! I woulda missed that one the first time, thanks for the redundancy OP!

Aquastyle seems like a good deal, think I'm gonna go for the 14 dimmable for a 5 gallon pico

I'm confused... I need to have a light on my reef tank?

I think they were trying to say your tank need to BE LIGHT...Maybe put some holes in it and let the water out, it'll be lighter.

I think they were trying to say your tank need to BE LIGHT...Maybe put some holes in it and let the water out, it'll be lighter.

Oh, Thanks for the tip! maybe ill try that tomorrow. do ya think 1" or 2 " from the substrate? or maybe the bottom would be better?

Oh, Thanks for the tip! maybe ill try that tomorrow. do ya think 1" or 2 " from the substrate? or maybe the bottom would be better?

You know what? I was looking at my tanks just now, and I realized the top of the tank is like one big giant hole, so maybe if you just turned it upside down.....???

Ok, so corals need light, and the tank need to BE light...anything else we're missing here?

Gosh guys I think we are being a little harsh.

Lets be nice and all say :welcome:

Bah Humbug!! :angry:

Oh...okay...welcome! I hope you're a real person, and not some account generated to eventually drum up business for your website!

:grouphug:

Archived