Innovative Marine Aquariums

Suggestions needed for lighting a 90 gallon reef

jam77

I recently purchased a 90 gallon reef ready tank to upgrade to and I need some suggestions for lighting. This tank is going to be mostly sps with maybe a select Lps or softie.

I recently purchased a 90 gallon reef ready tank to upgrade to and I need some suggestions for lighting. This tank is going to be mostly sps with maybe a select Lps or softie.

hi,

i would do two radions but i dont have the cash!

i have aquaticlife 6 bulb t5ho

check it out down below

I was leaning towards the radions but I have been doing so well with metal halides that Ive been looking at a dual 250 watt halide with t5 setup.

I suggest you LED lights .

I think that if you have the money for a fixture, they are the best option, and compared to other things they pretty much pay for themselves. In the short run, its a ton of money. But if you think about a few years from now...I mean, think about bulb replacements, electric bill, sometimes even a chiller, etc. You don't have to worry about any of that with LEDs.

I suggest you LED lights .

I think that if you have the money for a fixture, they are the best option, and compared to other things they pretty much pay for themselves. In the short run, its a ton of money. But if you think about a few years from now...I mean, think about bulb replacements, electric bill, sometimes even a chiller, etc. You don't have to worry about any of that with LEDs.

+1 I am an newly converted LED lover. I have used LED, T5, PC, and MH. I will slowly be converting all my tanks to LED exclusively. DIY seems to be the way to go on a budget, and i would put several different DIY fixtures up against a SOL or AI or even MH without thinking twice.

Archived