Top Shelf Aquatics

Full Spectrum LED tank pictures

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

I'm thinking about adding some OCWs to my 12RB 6 CW 6 NW setup for my 27g. I'm trying to decide if I should use 3 with wider optics or 5 with narrower optics. They will be in a line down the center of the tank (32x14x14) any advice? Also what drivers are being used on these? Invectronics? I currently run 2 meanwells of my Typhon but have the other two channels open so I can drive these separately. I'm really looking at these bc I feel that the tank is lacking a lot of spectrum for coral growth. Most of my corals come from halide setups an tend to lose coloration unet my LEDs. Mostly just fading, not browning or dying.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
I'm thinking about adding some OCWs to my 12RB 6 CW 6 NW setup for my 27g. I'm trying to decide if I should use 3 with wider optics or 5 with narrower optics. They will be in a line down the center of the tank (32x14x14) any advice? Also what drivers are being used on these? Invectronics? I currently run 2 meanwells of my Typhon but have the other two channels open so I can drive these separately. I'm really looking at these bc I feel that the tank is lacking a lot of spectrum for coral growth. Most of my corals come from halide setups an tend to lose coloration unet my LEDs. Mostly just fading, not browning or dying.

how high are you hanging the fixture? I would probably do 4 with 90 degree optics. You want to run them 500mA or lower to make sure you dont overheat them so any driver that is able to do this work, of course we like the Inventroincs.

3829998[/url]']

how high are you hanging the fixture? I would probably do 4 with 90 degree optics. You want to run them 500mA or lower to make sure you dont overheat them so any driver that is able to do this work, of course we like the Inventroincs.

To maintain symmetry I will probably use 5, of course I have the option to dim them as needed. What invectronics driver would you recommend? I have not used them before. Is the maxcurrent adjustable?

PS the fixture is approximately 8" above the surface. LEDs are in 6 groups of 4 on positionable heads.

634f357d.jpg

2012-04-13192905.jpg

Driver 1 9 CREE XP-G R5 Cool White LED Running at 45%

Driver 2 6 CREE XT-E Royal Blue LED + 3 Violet UV 3W LED Running at 65%

This picture was taking on my Samsung Galaxy under the vintage setting but this is what the color looks like in person.

i'm planning on building one of these for my 57g illuminata.

what do you guys suggest?

i'm planning on using the makers heatsink kit, dim 4 and the leds are a ? right now.

how long should my heatsink be for a 36" tank? i'm thinking 24"

should i just use the 3ups and ocw on this?

i also want moonlights, what's the best way to go about this?

how many drivers would i need and which ones?

To maintain symmetry I will probably use 5, of course I have the option to dim them as needed. What invectronics driver would you recommend? I have not used them before. Is the maxcurrent adjustable?

PS the fixture is approximately 8" above the surface. LEDs are in 6 groups of 4 on positionable heads.

634f357d.jpg

Really neat !

Are those cpu heatsinks ?

How do you adjust those heads? I mean what kind of hinge/socket are you using ?

and are the four leds on each cluster on a single driver ?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
i'm planning on building one of these for my 57g illuminata.

what do you guys suggest?

i'm planning on using the makers heatsink kit, dim 4 and the leds are a ? right now.

how long should my heatsink be for a 36" tank? i'm thinking 24"

should i just use the 3ups and ocw on this?

i also want moonlights, what's the best way to go about this?

how many drivers would i need and which ones?

24" MakersLED Heatsink

some thermal grease

12 3UPs

4-6 OCW

3x NW for Moonlights

DIM4

Drivers would be:

40w 700mA 12x Royal Blue

40w 700mA 12x Royal Blue

40w 700mA 12x Netural White

40w 700mA up to 6x OCW

DIM4 would need 5A power supply so you can run the fans on it and the moonlights.

You can get the relays to shut power completely off on the drivers/leds or just use timers

24" MakersLED Heatsink

some thermal grease

12 3UPs

4-6 OCW

3x NW for Moonlights

DIM4

Drivers would be:

40w 700mA 12x Royal Blue

40w 700mA 12x Royal Blue

40w 700mA 12x Netural White

40w 700mA up to 6x OCW

DIM4 would need 5A power supply so you can run the fans on it and the moonlights.

You can get the relays to shut power completely off on the drivers/leds or just use timers

thanks, this is close to what i was thinking but wanted to be sure.

now to figure up how much this is going to cost me.

3830620[/url]']

Really neat !

Are those cpu heatsinks ?

How do you adjust those heads? I mean what kind of hinge/socket are you using ?

and are the four leds on each cluster on a single driver ?

The heatsinks are from ledsupply. The blues are all on one driver and the whites are on another. Each head has 6 wires on quick connects. 2 for each color and 2 for fans. The sockets are from floor lamps typically sold at Wally world, targèt, HD, lowes etc. the lamps have 3 sockets each. I got mine from a lamp that had the cord cut and one I found in the dumpster

Hey guys

Trying to decide on my LED setup for a RSM 130D (going in the place where the existing lights are). I have 2 heat sinks which i got from another reefer, predrilled for 20mm stars in a 3 rows of 4 leds (heat sinks are 5" long by 4" wide). I've seen other LED builds on RSMs which look pretty good, but with the heatsink so close to the water (probably only 3" off the surface) i'm trying to minimise spotlighting and maximise coverage (LEDs are only in the central quarter of the tank, and spread is difficult to reach high up the back.

I have two designs planned:

Slide1-2.jpg

First one is a little cheaper to setup obviously, but i am not sure on the spotlighting effects. The second option costs a bit more, but i'm concerned about this being too many LEDs running on the heatsinks. Any thoughts? If someone has some of the 3-ups wired up, could they point towards some photos of them over a tank?

Thanks

Jamie

Hi Guys,

I have a Red Sea Max 130 that I want to convert to LED. I want your suggestions on my LED selections.

14 Cree XP-E Cool whites

8 Cree XP-E Royal Blue

6 Cree XP-E Blue

4 True Violet

2 Ocean coral whites.

The cool whites, blues, true violets & ocw will be driven by seperate channels of a DIM4

Cheers

Paul

jedimasterben

Milad, found something you can add to your OP

spectrumcorals.jpg

Shows the main parts of photoshynthetic absorption and how important each is, and what the wavelength peak is.

Milad, found something you can add to your OP

spectrumcorals.jpg

Shows the main parts of photoshynthetic absorption and how important each is, and what the wavelength peak is.

This was EXACTLY what I've been after! Good work :D

jedimasterben
This was EXACTLY what I've been after! Good work :D

Don't thank me, thank the internet, all I did was spend a whole lot of time surfing lol.

I'll play

20120415221000.jpg

660,450,420,470, and 5100k 50w bridgelux and 500nm but not in the pic

20120415220020.jpg

Any pictures over your tank

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Ocean Coral Whites are in stock, and everyone's got out the door today! I better see some build threads.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Are we still waiting on the makers heatsink? Any progress or delays?

MakersLED heatsink is still on schedule. May 10th is what its looking like.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
You've probably got a billion orders on backlog, right? I'd imagine everyone would want a piece of that. B)

Not "alot" but a decent amount.

I thought they might run out but we have plenty

The MakersLED on the other hand are about to run out which sucks because their production time is 30 days from start to finish so now we gota get a new production line going.

Not "alot" but a decent amount.

I thought they might run out but we have plenty

The MakersLED on the other hand are about to run out which sucks because their production time is 30 days from start to finish so now we gota get a new production line going.

About to run out due to incoming orders?

Existing pre-orders will be fullfilled with first production run?

Will 4 3ups run at 500ma by the DIM-4 be plenty on a BC14?

Archived