Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Full Spectrum LED tank pictures

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Because XP-E's are easy to get, cheap and I've used them before on FW planted tanks.

XP-E RBs are harder to get and more expensive

If you are buying for more than $3.23ea then you are looking in the wrong place :)

jedimasterben

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Gotcha. My argument is invalid, then. :wacko:

International Postage? You only got the cheapest place in the world to get the latest LEDs right on your little island. Cutter.com.au Besides it would be a shame to send the LEDs from Australia to Milad then back to Australia. LOL.

International Postage? You only got the cheapest place in the world to get the latest LEDs right on your little island. Cutter.com.au

Yes, thats where I get them from.

Overkill for a 15x15x10?

12 RB XT-E (700ma)

6 NW XP-G (700 or 1100 ma?)

3 TV (500ma with 1 DIM4 Channel)

1 OCW (500ma with 1 DIM4 Channel)

Using a DIM4 to control

1e14baf8cf3e4f39dbc1eff78fdf37b4.png?1336630241

International Postage? You only got the cheapest place in the world to get the latest LEDs right on your little island. Cutter.com.au Besides it would be a shame to send the LEDs from Australia to Milad then back to Australia. LOL.

I think you mean the place with the worst customer service in the world.. I hate cutter. Maybe if you live in Australia they'll actually answer your emails inside of 2 weeks and not screw you on every other order

Justind823

So for my mini S I recently got a barebones 4"x8" jbj unibody to create a fixture of my own. I'm including the usual rb and nw combo but I'm trying to decide if i want to add a red or another color. I haven't seen anything but a b/w combo led light in person so I'm not sure if I'm going to hate the addition of a new color. What would you folks recommend adding? I'm just worried about getting a strange effect on a tank of this size.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
So for my mini S I recently got a barebones 4"x8" jbj unibody to create a fixture of my own. I'm including the usual rb and nw combo but I'm trying to decide if i want to add a red or another color. I haven't seen anything but a b/w combo led light in person so I'm not sure if I'm going to hate the addition of a new color. What would you folks recommend adding? I'm just worried about getting a strange effect on a tank of this size.

If you feel your reds/oranges arent really coming out, then you want to pickup a OCW

If you feel your light greens arent glowing enough, then True Violets.

If you want to have super colors all around, then both OCW and True Violets.

FYI OCW is just a deep red, Turquoise and Cool Blue in one LED star.

• Like 1
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Big thanks to Milad for all the help with this one.

7182959512_48d9a9e97f_z.jpg

Nice! That looks like a ton of light.

e25cc296.jpg

12RB 6CW 6NW 4OCW

Amazing colors. What coral is on the bottom right corner, orange one.

FYI here is the OCW spectral graph:

OCW.JPG

Milad,

Has the true violet led changed or just the specs/labeling (i.e 395nm-430nm) I know it used to say 420nm. Also are you still planning on coming out with the HVTV? I'm in the market for some true violets and need around 410-420nm.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Milad,

Has the true violet led changed or just the specs/labeling (i.e 395nm-430nm) I know it used to say 420nm. Also are you still planning on coming out with the HVTV? I'm in the market for some true violets and need around 410-420nm.

True Violet changed a bit

FYI we had a really hard time nailing our HVTV because it was just getting way to hot. We are trying another approach to it and hopefully this one will work.

Hey Guys

Can you please help. I want to build a led unit on a 47' heat sink for my build to be 59 x 31 x 23 lps and sps tank. A few questions:

1.) Must I rather split my sink in two or just put all leds on one big sink.

2.) How many leds would I need for my new build,

3.) What type of leds would I need for the best light setup,

4.) How to arrange the leds on the sink, bundle or spreaded.

5.) How many drivers, what type of drivers and how to setup them. I'm going to dimm the leds through my Reef Angel Controller.

6.) Must I go for optics for the leds or just put the led unit closer to the water/

Thanx you all

Paleoreef103
Hey Guys

Can you please help. I want to build a led unit on a 47' heat sink for my build to be 59 x 31 x 23 lps and sps tank. A few questions:

1.) Must I rather split my sink in two or just put all leds on one big sink.

2.) How many leds would I need for my new build,

3.) What type of leds would I need for the best light setup,

4.) How to arrange the leds on the sink, bundle or spreaded.

5.) How many drivers, what type of drivers and how to setup them. I'm going to dimm the leds through my Reef Angel Controller.

6.) Must I go for optics for the leds or just put the led unit closer to the water/

Thanx you all

All this info can be found on this site if you go digging, but here is what I'd do.

1) You can make two sinks or one. Doesn't really matter. Honestly, for a tank that wide you might want to go with two full length heat sinks so that you can have better front to back coverage.

2) For a build that large 4 arrays of 30+ LEDs would be about minimum.

3) For the meat and potatoes of the fixture the easiest combo is 2:1 Neutral White: Royal Blue. Adding Cool Whites and cool blues to this ratio certainly can be done. If you want to make the build a bit more complicated 12-16 OCW would be about right for adding color to this type of set up (note standard cool blues are a component of OCWs). Adding 420 nm True violets can be done as well if you want. The number you add is up to you, but I'd recommend a number of true violets equal to the number of white LEDs you are using for your set up.

4) You're going to want to cluster your LEDs into arrays. Look around. You'll find array patterns similar to what you'll want.

5) Drivers depend on the number of LEDs you are running and how much control you want. Invetronics drivers are designed for LEDs, but they don't dim to 1% intensity. The standard 700 mA 40W invetronics driver can drive 6-15 3W crees. You could also go look at Steve's LEDs for drivers or buy meanwells.

6) For a tank that's 24" deep and keeping primarily SPS you'll probably want optics.

True Violet changed a bit

FYI we had a really hard time nailing our HVTV because it was just getting way to hot. We are trying another approach to it and hopefully this one will work.

What wavelength are they at nominally now, or do they vary between that range? Too bad about the HVTV, any eta for info about the new approach? BTW.. hurry up and get those makersled heatsinks in, I'm looking forward to seeing some builds done with them :)

jedimasterben
What wavelength are they at nominally now, or do they vary between that range? Too bad about the HVTV, any eta for info about the new approach? BTW.. hurry up and get those makersled heatsinks in, I'm looking forward to seeing some builds done with them :)

390-430nm, peak at 405nm. They say that 420nm is "dominant", though. Did they clarify on what that meant, Milad?

Nice! That looks like a ton of light.

Thanks, yea it turned out to be A LOT! Blues are running at around 60% and whites 45% on the 700mA Inventronics drivers but the coral colors are great. Would definitely recomend a full spectrum set up.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Their dominant wavelength is 420 but they peak at 405 which I have yet to figure out what that actually means.

MakersLED is on schedule. Here are a couple of pics of the real deal.

Extra long version being made... lol

extrusion_mfg_out_rollers_l.jpg

endcap2_lowres.jpg

hanging_option_upper_4_lowr.jpg

LED_install_2_lowres.jpg

LED_install_4_lowres.jpg

LED_install_5_lowres.jpg

HecticDialectics
Their dominant wavelength is 420 but they peak at 405 which I have yet to figure out what that actually means.

According to various googled websites, dominant wavelength is the color it appears to the human eye. 405 is the highest actual wavelength.

Archived