ReefCleaners.org

B-ionic dosing 2 part

wyattroa

alright dosing this stuff for my 24 gallon at 5ml per day right now..My alkalinity is at 10.12dKH. calcium is at 340... Trying to get this raised up...I know it says to dose equal amounts but I am afraid if I increase to try and up my calcium that my alkalinity will be too high..any input please?

Robert

Keep dosing your normal amounts of Alkalinity just increase your dose of Calcium.

What's your magnesium level? It's important to know all three especially for b-ionic since the calcium solution contains Mg.

Use this calculator to figure out how much you need and increase over a week or so.

Reef Chemistry Calculator

altolamprologus
Keep dosing your normal amounts of Alkalinity just increase your dose of Calcium.

What's your magnesium level? It's important to know all three especially for b-ionic since the calcium solution contains Mg.

Use this calculator to figure out how much you need and increase over a week or so.

Reef Chemistry Calculator

There's actually not very much mag in b-ionic. I use b-ionic but I still have to dose mag regularly

There's actually not very much mag in b-ionic. I use b-ionic but I still have to dose mag regularly

True but regardless it's still a very important parameter to measure IMO. Calcium and Alkalinity levels depend on Mg and if your Mg levels aren't in check it might be hard to raise Ca.

I would suggest getting your parims up to par before dosing a 2 part with products designed to do one specific tast, the increase with the 2 parts is not very much, they are designed to not bring up levels a ton as your not using a ton of any of the elements a day,

Try a dkh and calcium additive. I promise, once it gets to the correct levels the 2 part works great !

Archived