Lawnman

Hillbilly Lounge

So you can post actual reef stuff in here right 😋.. anyone know if this a good skimmer . Was thinking of getting it for a reefer 250 I am starting but I don't know jack shit about skimmers.. well or reefing either.. 

Screenshot_20180711-120255_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, patback said:

Does it make sense for someone to sell a small bounce mushroom and ask for a larger bounce mushroom PLUS cash?  Lulu still isn't with it.  Very clear hes buying all these coral and selling them off within a week.  Maybe I'm salty but that shit just pisses me off.  Coral is nice to watch grow, stop using it as a status thing. Super cringey.  

LOL.....####ing LuLu!  

Remember, hes a minimalist so he holds things for a minimal amount of time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

@Sancho @jbb_00 @spectra @tashayar @teenyreef @micoastreefing @Pjanssen @DaveFason @markalot @Lawnman @StinkyBunny@WV Reefer @Christopher Marks

There is a crazy sale at DrFosterSmith! Red Sea 55g buckets for $13, real ATO's start at $35, and NUVO tanks are basically 50-65% off as well! Really nice dosing setups for $100, half off name brand skimmers and reactors, etc.  I bought a water change pump for $6!  You have to check it out lol. 

Here is a link, with the sale items arranged from most to least expensive. Its pretty nuts. I loaded up with a year of salt haha. 

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/fish-supplies/clearance-center---up-to-75-off-/ps/c/3578/7971?s=hl&count=774

That was a quick $500, lol. Some of those prices are cheaper than my distributor prices.

52 minutes ago, Weikel said:

So you can post actual reef stuff in here right 😋.. anyone know if this a good skimmer . Was thinking of getting it for a reefer 250 I am starting but I don't know jack shit about skimmers.. well or reefing either.. 

They make a good quality skimmer.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

That was a quick $500, lol. Some of those prices are cheaper than my distributor prices.

They make a good quality skimmer.

Same here. The salt prices were sweet. 🙂 

whatcha get?

18 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Same here. The salt prices were sweet. 🙂 

whatcha get?

Lotsa bulbs and lotsa salt.

• Like 1

Squee! Look who I found :wub:

20180711_192112.jpg

20180711_191019.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

@Sancho @jbb_00 @spectra @tashayar @teenyreef @micoastreefing @Pjanssen @DaveFason @markalot @Lawnman @StinkyBunny@WV Reefer @Christopher Marks

There is a crazy sale at DrFosterSmith! Red Sea 55g buckets for $13, real ATO's start at $35, and NUVO tanks are basically 50-65% off as well! Really nice dosing setups for $100, half off name brand skimmers and reactors, etc.  I bought a water change pump for $6!  You have to check it out lol. 

Here is a link, with the sale items arranged from most to least expensive. Its pretty nuts. I loaded up with a year of salt haha. 

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/fish-supplies/clearance-center---up-to-75-off-/ps/c/3578/7971?s=hl&count=774

Thanks. Why don’t you buy all my zoas and soft corals so I can get out of the hobby 🙂 ok thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Weikel said:

I had the Curve 7 it was mehhh ok. 

• Thanks 1

Found out a cool little tidbit of info today perusing a reefing magazine. Seems that Scats eat Aiptasia anemones as well as GHA and possibly Bryopsis. 12 will be coming in from Sri Lanka Sunday. Rob Fenner says they don't bother with anything in a reef tank. We shall see.

• Like 1

Damn, lounge going in hard on the bounce mushrooms. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Found out a cool little tidbit of info today perusing a reefing magazine. Seems that Scats eat Aiptasia anemones as well as GHA and possibly Bryopsis. 12 will be coming in from Sri Lanka Sunday. Rob Fenner says they don't bother with anything in a reef tank. We shall see.

Arent scat brackish?

Just now, Cannedfish said:

Damn, lounge going in hard on the bounce mushrooms. 

I just saw that... was laughing pretty good.. I am getting tired of seeing the herpes shrooms with crazy orange filter photos on the top of the site every other day..

• Haha 2

Scat?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tashayar said:

Scat?

Its not what you think... but dont google it without "fish"

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Arent scat brackish?

They're actually anadromous, they move freely between fresh, brackish and salt water.As they get older, they move to almost a  total marine existence. Scatophagus argus

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Its not what you think... but dont google it without "fish"

Had to....🤢🤮

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

People: Can I cut a jebao cable  to extend it? 

1 hour ago, Lawnman said:

Thanks. Why don’t you buy all my zoas and soft corals so I can get out of the hobby 🙂 ok thanks. 

Show us the goods. Is this the zoa pack you had listed on IG?

1 hour ago, tashayar said:

Squee! Look who I found :wub:

20180711_192112.jpg

20180711_191019.jpg

its pooping 💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

People: Can I cut a jebao cable  to extend it? 

Why not? Its just wires

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Why not? Its just wires

Yeah thats what I figured, but it has a "smart" controller which can sometimes be finicky. Also hurts a bit to cut cables on brand new pumps haha

25 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

That also work with Jebao? Also, how long is it? 

Jebao,  Maxspect same Chinese stuff. They use the same plug. there are many on Ebay at 39" looks like the same cord. Fishstreet used to have one that was 6' send Erik at fish street an email I bet he can get one as long as you need however its just 3 wires with minimal voltage just cut it. 

• Like 2

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions