Lawnman

Hillbilly Lounge

35 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

This is an odd case because the mortgage company has to be notified also and they did not respond. So we are not really sure how it came to be that no one responded or thought to pay taxes on their $200,000 house. 

most often these are homes that were passed down to someone that has no skin in the game so to speak. If there is a large mortgage then the lender could step in and pay the taxes once notified by us. 

Is there a worry in your area that they would strip the houses?  By me, the type of people that dont keep up on their Bills are usually the type to have 12 years of filth in their homes and holes in the walls.  If they know they are getting nothing at the end of it, they'll at least make sure they have some copper to cash in.  

My parents rented out their first home while in their second home.  Tenants paid 1 month rent and it took us over 2 years to get them out.  Every piece of garbage they ever had was thrown out the windows into tha back yard, dirty diapers smeared on the parts of walls that weren't gaping holes, graffiti, drugs left all around... you name it, they did it.  Funny thing is they seemed like a real nice family and passed a background check.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, patback said:

Is there a worry in your area that they would strip the houses?  By me, the type of people that dont keep up on their Bills are usually the type to have 12 years of filth in their homes and holes in the walls.  If they know they are getting nothing at the end of it, they'll at least make sure they have some copper to cash in.  

My parents rented out their first home while in their second home.  Tenants paid 1 month rent and it took us over 2 years to get them out.  Every piece of garbage they ever had was thrown out the windows into tha back yard, dirty diapers smeared on the parts of walls that weren't gaping holes, graffiti, drugs left all around... you name it, they did it.  Funny thing is they seemed like a real nice family and passed a background check.  

Yep I wont do rentals as I would go to jail.............My step dad rented to a sheriffs officer and had to evict them :whoa: go figure.........

Hell sounds like WV has a racket going on :lol: hell if someone told me they own my house I would just have to light a match and go ok...........

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, patback said:

We had one house that was basically a crack house; boarded up windows and doors. We were just mowing the lot until the house could be torn down. When the “locals” found out it sold, we came by to mow the lot and there was no siding, no carpet they even stole some 2x4s out of the wall 😄 of course in this case we didn’t care. 

This new property for example has 70 acres and the house. The first thing we do is insure the house for a basic amount. Even if they burn it down we are still way ahead with the acreage and the insurance. 

Surprisingly though it goes pretty easy once the Sheriff is involved. 

I have worse luck with regular tenants than properties like this. 

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Should have just put a free house sign out :lol: maybe you wouldnt have had much to tear down.......

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

We had one house that was basically a crack house; boarded up windows and doors. We were just mowing the lot until the house could be torn down. When the “locals” found out it sold, we came by to mow the lot and there was no siding, no carpet they even stole some 2x4s out of the wall 😄 of course in this case we didn’t care. 

This new property for example has 70 acres and the house. The first thing we do is insure the house for a basic amount. Even if they burn it down we are still way ahead with the acreage and the insurance. 

That sounds awesome.  Good luck with it, I couldn't even imagine 70 acres.  A life goal of mine is to flip at least 1 house.  Even a Tiny little 2 bedroom or something, I would love to buy a piece of crap, fix it up and at least break even. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, patback said:

That sounds awesome.  Good luck with it, I couldn't even imagine 70 acres.  A life goal of mine is to flip at least 1 house.  Even a Tiny little 2 bedroom or something, I would love to buy a piece of crap, fix it up and at least break even. 

It can be enjoyable and it can be a pain in the ass. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I'd love a nice house on 70 acres... as long as most of it was trees... ain't nobody got time to mow that!!!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Let me know when its posted for sale.  I'll offer you double your investment. :lol:

• Haha 6

I feel she should establish this property as the Lawnman's Lounge retreat/party house/love shack.  Harry can build the furniture. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I'm the guy they call to clear out a house ready for demo. I pull up with the skidsteer wrap the electrical wire to it and back up. Then I go in an pull out all of the copper, when that's done the local volunteer fire departments burn it to the ground.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tashayar said:

I feel she should establish this property as the Lawnman's Lounge retreat/party house/love shack.  Harry can build the furniture. 

I just made some stainless steel buttplugs, I can leave a few in teh Loveshack.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

20 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

YyvUiSQ.jpg

That’s kinda sexy. How much did that run up dads Amex? 

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Sancho said:

That’s kinda sexy. How much did that run up dads Amex? 

800- less than the GeosReef model. 

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Nice....who made it? 

39 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

But if he plays it right it’s a tax write off and some Delta miles. From where I am sitting, it’s pretty sexy (and only 40k miles from a round trip to rio)!

• Haha 3

The 20 seems to be HIV negative for now. Replaced some of the rock, lights out for 3 day’s. The nems stopped floating around and all took foot on the same rock 👍 so I’ve got a box of water with 3 bta’s and a lobo :lol:......gona use Father’s Day as an excuse to to dump some cash on coral this weekend. 

9F340B7F-1738-4F21-9988-6861E782E342.jpeg

F3C76FB2-D56B-4B76-9956-61F4C0984D5C.jpeg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, righttirefire said:

@spectra great day to be outside.

Yeah it was but I was inside until I got home.......then mowed the lawn and fertilized......loaded a bunch of scrap in the kids truck to go to the dump tomorrow when I get home then pick up some bark dust with it......

You still going to the algae infested waters ?

• Haha 1

What's bark dust?

@righttirefireI want to take my kids fishing.........I have no gear anymore....... whats good for the kids 4 and 10 and whats good for me? I want to stay on the cheap but dont want crap. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, patback said:

What's bark dust?

freshfir-large.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sancho said:

@righttirefireI want to take my kids fishing.........I have no gear anymore....... whats good for the kids 4 and 10 and whats good for me? I want to stay on the cheap but dont want crap. 

Whats your price range?

Cant go wrong with an ugly stick for the kids.......they can take a beating. Just get a decent reel for them.

Are you just going to go trout fishing? And hell you actually think your kids will go fishing :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Whats your price range?

Cant go wrong with an ugly stick for the kids.......they can take a beating. Just get a decent reel for them.

Are you just going to go trout fishing? And hell you actually think your kids will go fishing :lol:

under $300 for me and the 2 kids

Yeah trout and catfish seem to be whats stocked in the lakes around here......its not the great northwest. My damn kids will do what I tell them.........maybe :lol:

• Haha 4

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions