Lawnman

🔥🔥🔥 Lawnman's Lounge 🔥🔥🔥

2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Just think of the unsatisfied hoo hoos out there. 😄

That would be an interesting dumpster dive. 😄

• Haha 2

Stinky would probably clone himself and call it the Dildo of God.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tashayar said:

Stinky would probably clone himself and call it the Dildo of God.

That should be his new name and pic! 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

That should be his new name and pic! 😄

Yes!  

• Haha 1

He did it!  I guess he made it to the top about 3 am ET.  

• Like 3

Just now, tashayar said:

He did it!  I guess he made it to the top about 3 am ET.  

I just saw it!  Yay!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Yay for raccoon! 

Finished the hand plane restoration 🙂 

lfOW0c9.jpg

After spending all of last weekend at the Woodwright's School, I was pretty sure I never wanted to see another hand plane in my life... But I must say that's a nice looking plane! Great job man!

• Like 2

I had to inform a family today that we now own their house and 70 acres worth of land.

😕 #thetaxliencommeth

worst part of my job. I was expecting a shack in the woods and found instead a $230,000 home and a Hummer in the driveway. They lost it all over $15,000. 

• Wow 6

13 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I had to inform a family today that we now own their house and 70 acres worth of land.

😕 #thetaxliencommeth

worst part of my job. I was expecting a shack in the woods and found instead a $230,000 home and a Hummer in the driveway. They lost it all over $15,000. 

I want in on this scheme.... I mean, business opportunity.! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I want in on this scheme.... I mean, business opportunity.! 

County Tax Lien Auctions. If you’ve got a little cash to play with you can make a killing. If they pay the tax you get your cash back plus fees. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

County Tax Lien Auctions. If you’ve got a little cash to play with you can make a killing. If they pay the tax you get your cash back plus fees. 

So you work as an auctioneer, or you are the one buying their tax lien?  I'm intrigued and care just little enough that I dont think I'd care repossessing a house that somebody didn't pay up on.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, patback said:

So you work as an auctioneer, or you are the one buying their tax lien?  I'm intrigued and care just little enough that I dont think I'd care repossessing a house that somebody didn't pay up on.  

If your property taxes are delinquent for a year you are notified that the property is going to be auctioned at a public “tax” sale.

We go to the sale and “pay” your tax. A year later we have a lawyer notify anyone involved with the property to remind them legally the tax has still not been paid. The whole process actually takes two years before we are issued an actual deed. I don’t feel bad about it because they have so much time to pay. We just surprised this lady and weren’t quite prepared to deal with anyone today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

If your property taxes are delinquent for a year you are notified that the property is going to be auctioned at a public “tax” sale.

We go to the sale and “pay” your tax. A year later we have a lawyer notify anyone involved with the property to remind them legally the tax has still not been paid. The whole process actually takes two years before we are issued an actual deed. I don’t feel bad about it because they have so much time to pay. We just surprised this lady and weren’t quite prepared to deal with anyone today. 

I've never even heard of this before today. I looked into it by me, but not much around other than the low income areas.  

So let's say you pay 15000 in their property taxes and they never pay anything back and you end up legally owning the property.  Do you have to pay anything after that point and after your lawyer?  I'm assuming they usually put up a fight if they are still in the homes?

I am so intrigued by the whole thing.  We went down to south Carolina and went to an open house and were surprised to hear that they are taxed on all positions yearly.  Cars, boats, furniture, etc.  Does that happen out by you also?  In that case, do you end up with their most likely crappy furniture too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, patback said:

I've never even heard of this before today. I looked into it by me, but not much around other than the low income areas.  

So let's say you pay 15000 in their property taxes and they never pay anything back and you end up legally owning the property.  Do you have to pay anything after that point and after your lawyer?  I'm assuming they usually put up a fight if they are still in the homes?

I am so intrigued by the whole thing.  We went down to south Carolina and went to an open house and were surprised to hear that they are taxed on all positions yearly.  Cars, boats, furniture, etc.  Does that happen out by you also?  In that case, do you end up with their most likely crappy furniture too?

They don’t fight it because they do not have a leg to stand on legally. That is what the two year period is for..... to give them a chance. 

Today we visited the property, tomorrow we will file for an eviction in magistrate court and they will have 30 days before the sheriff shows up to put them out. Anything left at that point belongs to us. 

We’ve had some people leave everything. Most people go easy after the initial shock because they know it’s no use at that point.  In this case I really think the wife and MIL had no idea of what was really happening. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, patback said:

We are taxed yearly on real estate (property, houses, mineral rights) and personal property (vehicles)

22 hours ago, tashayar said:

I use the Dildo of God. 

22 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Don’t we all?

I want a video of this. Giggity.

22 hours ago, tashayar said:

If your dog eats raw food, "raw food lid" spelled backwards sounds kinda scary :scarry:.

Fwar must be the sound you make when it feels good. 😄

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

They don’t fight it because they do not have a leg to stand on legally. That is what the two year period is for..... to give them a chance. 

Today we visited the property, tomorrow we will file for an eviction in magistrate court and they will have 30 days before the sheriff shows up to put them out. Anything left at that point belongs to us. 

We’ve had some people leave everything. Most people go easy after the initial shock because they know it’s no use at that point.  In this case I really think the wife and MIL had no idea of what was really happening. 

Well congrats on the new property  Lol. Are you flipping it, or is it nice enough to call it your new home?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, patback said:

Well congrats on the new property  Lol. Are you flipping it, or is it nice enough to call it your new home?

we will flip it and make lots of moolah 😎

most of the time we can make a little cash here and there off of them and then sometimes you stumble into the good stuff.  This year out of like 19 "purchases" we received deeds for 6 of them.  two were just empty lots, this one, and then three that were just mineral rights with no acreage.

• Like 2

so do they lose all the equity they had in the house- all because they didn't pay their property taxes?  

I always wondered too- if you lose your home because you fell behind on your mortgage, do you lose all your equity?  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tashayar said:

so do they lose all the equity they had in the house- all because they didn't pay their property taxes?  

I always wondered too- if you lose your home because you fell behind on your mortgage, do you lose all your equity?  

This is an odd case because the mortgage company has to be notified also and they did not respond. So we are not really sure how it came to be that no one responded or thought to pay taxes on their $200,000 house. 

most often these are homes that were passed down to someone that has no skin in the game so to speak. If there is a large mortgage then the lender could step in and pay the taxes once notified by us. 

• Like 2

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions