Lawnman

🔥🔥🔥 Lawnman's Lounge 🔥🔥🔥

Sancho   
2 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Stinky said wax.

Lawnman said pignut:lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, spectra said:

I need one...................and yes both...........the chopper and the gun :lol: 

Back in the mid 90s there was a transferable mini-gun for sale for $35k. It made the rounds of Knob Creek and the North Country shoots. Some doctor bought it. He took it to the North Country and he had his young daughter shooting it. It kept raising up and they sand bagged the front. It flipped over, hitting the girl in the head killing her on the spot, that was the last shoot I ever went to. There's one for sale right now, dunno if it's the same one for $300k. Anyhoo, that video is Mike Dillon, he makes Dillon reloading presses. There are few Little Bird helicopters coming up for auction in October at Norfolk. The last ones sold in the $200k range. M said no artillery in the yard so I might see if a helo would be an acceptable alternative. :D

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

ITs American rosewood! @StinkyBunny @shaneandjohn @Lawnman

Had and a botanist friend of my dads check it out and he confirmed based on leaves, bark, grain, etc. pretty happy with that! 

Looks like some Rosewoods have been listed on CITES appendix 1 as critically endangered. It also says it's quite strong, damn shame they cut it so small.

35 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Here's why you don't dick around outside in 80+ mph winds.

That would probably hurt a little... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Lawnman I need your expertise....

i have a Blue Point Juniper that recently shot up and out about 3ft....... can I shear this thing down some so it doesn't look so wild?  

IMG_3194.thumb.JPG.ad2261954476c769f064e64d3462bd90.JPG

And yes, my sidewalk desperately needs pressure washed. :mellow:

EDIT:  nevermind, I just went for it. 

IMG_3199.thumb.JPG.9037ee5430840546545cbb6f2a33f0c1.JPG

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Looks like some Rosewoods have been listed on CITES appendix 1 as critically endangered. It also says it's quite strong, damn shame they cut it so small.

Yeah for sure. Im not sure how I am going to cut up the wood either. Craigslist a small sawmill? Lol

• Like 1

You might find someone willing to mill it for you for a nominal fee. I have a guy with a mill and we mill together, he keeps some and I keep some of the wood as payment. We make a decent amount of money. He has a shop so he makes all kinds of stuff. I'll post up some pics when we mill those red and white oak limbs, they should be breath taking with the burly grain in them. We have also been thinking of making our own larger sawmill. I have an old 52hp VW diesel motor that could be used as the power plant.

3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Here's why you don't dick around outside in 80+ mph winds.

DKNke2oW0AEy_oc.jpg:large

Dang- that's crazy looking 

7 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

ITs American rosewood! @StinkyBunny @shaneandjohn @Lawnman

Had and a botanist friend of my dads check it out and he confirmed based on leaves, bark, grain, etc. pretty happy with that! 

Well @HarryPotter ,  thats quite a score then!  That is a very beautiful species, and it machines very well. It is very sout after and is becoming much harder to source. Now, knowing what species it is, it is much more important that you handle the drying process correctly.   Excited to see what projects to complete with it 👍👍

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, shaneandjohn said:

Well @HarryPotter ,  thats quite a score then!  That is a very beautiful species, and it machines very well. It is very sout after and is becoming much harder to source. Now, knowing what species it is, it is much more important that you handle the drying process correctly.   Excited to see what projects to complete with it 👍👍

I am taking the larger than 30" pieces to a mill, and the rest I am drying indoors after applying anchorseal! :) 

jack1978   

Bought the Maxspect Ethereal to replace the Radion.  The app needed to set it up sucks a giant donkey dick.  Anyone have experience setting this thing up?

I hate it and may send it back due to this.  When it first powered on, it looked amazing.  Try setting it up and it's literally a thousand set process to get times and color intensity all programmed.  The video on YouTube shows a completely different screen than what I'm seeing on my phone.  Maybe I need a damn iPhone?

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Bought the Maxspect Ethereal to replace the Radion.  The app needed to set it up sucks a giant donkey dick.  Anyone have experience setting this thing up?

I hate it and may send it back due to this.  When it first powered on, it looked amazing.  Try setting it up and it's literally a thousand set process to get times and color intensity all programmed.  The video on YouTube shows a completely different screen than what I'm seeing on my phone.  Maybe I need a damn iPhone?

The app changed completely recently - that is why there is a difference in that video.

Once you get it set up there is no need to even touch the goddamned app again, thank God.

• Haha 2

Green wood turning- @shaneandjohn rosewood is gorgeous! Yes I expect this to warp and crack, was just for fun! 

ng7seGp.jpg

Oal0szA.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I've had one of the fukn things for over a year and it won't connect. When you figure it out, lemme know. I have an Ipad and an android tablet, no bueno.

• Sad 1

jack1978   
8 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

The app changed completely recently - that is why there is a difference in that video.

Once you get it set up there is no need to even touch the goddamned app again, thank God.

Right....but I cant set it up the way I like it.  It looks like the old app screen was easier than this by 100%.

Super disappointed in this mother ####er.

You stopping by SoCal any time soon?

1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

I've had one of the fukn things for over a year and it won't connect. When you figure it out, lemme know. I have an Ipad and an android tablet, no bueno.

Got mine to finally connect after timing out and endless "updates"...... now if I could obtain a degree in computer programming.....I might be able to use it.

Might just send it back as it's not worth this frustration. 

These ****ing dogs are pissing me off. I'm close to changing my mind and staying at work. They don't know sh!t - won't sit, stay come, or even look at me when I say their names. How the hell am I supposed to even attempt to train 3 dickhead dogs at once? They jump on each other, me, step on my feet, knock stuff over... jfc... 

• Haha 6

jack1978   
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

These ****ing dogs are pissing me off. I'm close to changing my mind and staying at work. They don't know sh!t - won't sit, stay come, or even look at me when I say their names. How the hell am I supposed to even attempt to train 3 dickhead dogs at once? They jump on each other, me, step on my feet, knock stuff over... jfc... 

Contact Panda Express.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Contact Panda Express.

I like this idea... I don't eat there anymore anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@jack1978  shoulda just bought AI 😂  Super easy to connect, an app that is user friendly and Super easy to use 👍👍

@HarryPotter  looks great for a quick project. Yes, it will check and split as it dries, but you knew that before you turned green stock......

@kimberbee  are they dumb, or just stubborn 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spectra   
35 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Contact Panda Express.

Dog Paws on a stick :unsure:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, shaneandjohn said:

@jack1978  shoulda just bought AI 😂  Super easy to connect, an app that is user friendly and Super easy to use 👍👍

@HarryPotter  looks great for a quick project. Yes, it will check and split as it dries, but you knew that before you turned green stock......

I did know 😂 I also hollowed it out from the bottom to just below the top with a 5/8 forstner bit and was thinking that may let it dry out more evenly throughout. Just experimenting- I think I will pick up more rosewood later. There’s tons. 

jack1978   
57 minutes ago, shaneandjohn said:

It's a shame......its color output is great, the looks of it are awesome.....and super thin.  

I almost with with a few primes....but prefer a single unit.  It's just that the app is garbage.  Going to try to regain my composure and try again tonight on a tablet.  Maybe the bigger screen and a crapple will make it easier? Wishful thinking I'm sure.  

How hard is it to make a ####ing app with on the fly tuning?  A couple of slide bars for color/time/intensity.  That's all I need mother ####ers! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well Jack , I hope you are able to get it figured out Sir. I am fortunate enough to have a Tech savy son who is willing to help his technologically challenged dad out when needed, which is ofter 😂😂😂 

It really pisses me off when it takes him 2 seconds to get the shit figured out, but then I am happy cause it finally works 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 4