Lawnman

💥The Bad News Bar & Spirit Lounge💥

Just now, banasophia said:

Haha those double lane drive thrus are a problem here too... they usually end up having to block off one of the lanes to avoid a total sh## show at the new McDonalds by my house.

2F4DFB33-EB28-4C17-B9F6-2DA961CBA797.thumb.jpeg.d7857a108c804a2257ba7a83c4d592f2.jpeg

Thats what Chick Fil A had to do here....... block off one side because all the nuts were crashing into each other.  

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Just now, ParticipationTrophyWife said:

I can't stand those double drive-thru lanes because people are so inconsiderate.  I'll wait in line at Culver's any day.

People just don’t get that there is a camera and that it’ll be ok. 😂. I’ve been called a stupid bitch by multiple old dudes that don’t get that some lanes can go slower than the other lane. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

36 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

For @kimberbee, that’s pay per toe 🙂 

Right....forgot to post my new mani-pedi from last night

28E812CC-0587-4AF2-8F73-CD42313DA816.thumb.jpeg.453651c2118145dd7138700a40372349.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

58 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yup am already about done with this shit...……..I need to stock the work fridge with beer rather than diet coke...…….

Someone other than yourself would appreciate it. 

• Haha 3

Anyone run Zeolith? I saw this at BRS and am considering it as a way to reduce nutrients in the 300g. But then again, it is NOT a method of nutrient export like an algae scrubber.... So kind of weird. Where do the nutrients go @BulkReefSupply ? Sure, bacteria use them, but there is not infinite surface area for bacteria, and bacteria produce waste just like any other organism. 

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/zar-157-automatic-zeolith-reactor-skimz.html

1 hour ago, patback said:

I want so badly to work a 10hr 4 day week.  

I do that but still come in on Fridays...……..that's why there short days...…..

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Thats what Chick Fil A had to do here....... block off one side because all the nuts were crashing into each other.  

WTF people cant figure it out...……...hell no issues here with them. 

• Like 1

Also: Anyone have used powerheads for sale? Something with a pulse mode. I have a few dead spots and one of my PP4s died. 

3 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Also: Anyone have used powerheads for sale? Something with a pulse mode. I have a few dead spots and one of my PP4s died. 

I got mp10 but you would need new wet side..... And I won’t be home till next Thursday. 

6 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

I got mp10 but you would need new wet side..... And I won’t be home till next Thursday. 

Unfortunately MP10s won't work on my 1/2" glass thickness- their max is 3/8. Thanks though. Im looking at maybe getting some OW-10s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

So glad you came back!!

Should I send my neighbor your way...?

What is that tattoo supposed to be?

I was 99% sure it's supposed to be the old AOL mailbox.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Unfortunately MP10s won't work on my 1/2" glass thickness- their max is 3/8. Thanks though. Im looking at maybe getting some OW-10s

Not sure of itll work but I'm pretty sure I got one of the original jebao wave makers somewhere. I can find out model and if it works when I get home some point today. 

4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Unfortunate. I’m sure guys can find some junky PH in their closet or you could just get some cheapo for time being. 

5 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

That's what I have in my Biocube, an OW-10... I’m pretty happy with it and like it better in that tank than I did the MP10 since you can aim it better... now my MP10 is just sitting in a box. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, banasophia said:

That's what I have in my Biocube, an OW-10... I’m pretty happy with it and like it better in that tank than I did the MP10 since you can aim it better... now my MP10 is just sitting in a box. 

For the price, its hard to beat Jebao. I love their cross-flow pumps, the gyre knockoffs. Right now in my 'reefer, I am struggling with deadspots due to colonies blocking flow. I have a MP40, CP-40, and one Jebao PP4 in there.  I am thinking of getting a pair of OW-10s or OW-25s and replacing that PP4. 

Shit,  my corals were tiny back then!!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

For the price, its hard to beat Jebao. I love their cross-flow pumps, the gyre knockoffs. Right now in my 'reefer, I am struggling with deadspots due to colonies blocking flow. I have a MP40, CP-150, and one Jebao PP4 in there.  I am thinking of getting a pair of OW-10s or OW-25s and replacing that PP4. 

Shit, 2 years ago my corals were tiny!

They are definitely strong pumps.  I bought the "mp10 knock off" one.  I had to half the DC supply voltage because on the lowest setting it was pushing out more flow than the mp10 at the 3rd or 4th setting.   

I ultimately ended up just buying a second mp10 because it was just too strong for my tank at the time.  

Just now, patback said:

They are definitely strong pumps.  I bought the "mp10 knock off" one.  I had to half the DC supply voltage because on the lowest setting it was pushing out more flow than the mp10 at the 3rd or 4th setting.   

I ultimately ended up just buying a second mp10 because it was just too strong for my tank at the time.  

When you say MP-10 knock-off: is there a Chinese brand that has an external motor?! I didnt think so. 

Just now, HarryPotter said:

When you say MP-10 knock-off: is there a Chinese brand that has an external motor?! I didnt think so. 

Nah.  I put it in quotes because when they first came out, everyone complained that we shouldn't use them because they were copying ecotech.  Which is dumb...  ecotech is known for the exterior motor like you said.  People saw a roundish power head that came with it's own controller and got their panties in a bunch.  

23 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

For the price, its hard to beat Jebao. I love their cross-flow pumps, the gyre knockoffs. Right now in my 'reefer, I am struggling with deadspots due to colonies blocking flow. I have a MP40, CP-40, and one Jebao PP4 in there.  I am thinking of getting a pair of OW-10s or OW-25s and replacing that PP4. 

Shit,  my corals were tiny back then!!

Wow, nice review... makes me want one... I like how you can separately aim the two sides, and the low profile on the outside. 

4 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Wow, nice review... makes me want one... I like how you can separately aim the two sides, and the low profile on the outside. 

Its nuts how much my tank has grown since then. Some of those 3/4 frags are now  over 10”

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

38 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

For the price, its hard to beat Jebao. I

For sure.. I got one off of your recommendation.  Thing is awesome I have it turned way down and it's still giving me tons of flow. I have it at like 40 percent on my rsr250.  Turned it up to 60 percent yesterday and it knocked a frag out of the rack that was on the opposite side of the tank..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, jdmcbuilt said:

Someone other than yourself would appreciate it. 

Well only 2 of us so wouldn't be so bad...….

• Haha 2

Screw work I am hungry 😂

2F4D2434-1602-4B0E-94A5-12BEE7CBE685.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2

4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Screw work I am hungry 😂

2F4D2434-1602-4B0E-94A5-12BEE7CBE685.jpeg

I hate you too

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dive in and share your thoughts!