Jump to content
Lawnman

💥The Bad News Bar & Spirit Lounge💥

Recommended Posts

Morning............woke up to a dead return pump on the big tank..........when it rains it pours I guess........

  • Sad 3
  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, spectra said:

when it rains it pours I guess........

Yeah it's stupid. Sorry to hear..do you have extra pumps?

Good morning to you as well 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

ETHICS QUESTION

 

Sometimes I get gift cards from people, who say they "have no use for them". Like brookstone, apple store, etc.

 

I just go online and redeem them for cash, you know, getting 90% of the value.

 

Is that bad? Its not the intended use for the card, and then that pretty much means they gave me cash. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

ETHICS QUESTION

 

Sometimes I get gift cards from people, who say they "have no use for them". Like brookstone, apple store, etc.

 

I just go online and redeem them for cash, you know, getting 85% of the value.

 

Is that bad? Lol 

IMO.......It was a gift. You can burn them if you like. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

IMO.......It was a gift. You can burn them if you like. 

 

But the person would not have given me cash. It is kind of taking advantage that they do not know gift cards can be instantly redeemed for cash, no? 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, HarryPotter said:

 

But the person would not have given me cash. It is kind of taking advantage of them not knowing that gift cards can be instantly redeemed for cash, no? 

 

 

Not really.  They gave them up for whatever reason.  🤷🏻‍♀️

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

ETHICS QUESTION

 

Sometimes I get gift cards from people, who say they "have no use for them". Like brookstone, apple store, etc.

 

I just go online and redeem them for cash, you know, getting 90% of the value.

 

Is that bad? Its not the intended use for the card, and then that pretty much means they gave me cash. 

Isn't it against your heritage to ask an ethic question? Think of it this way...

I go to town without you and RECIEVE two blow jobs when I get back I'm not GIVING you one...

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

ETHICS QUESTION

 

Sometimes I get gift cards from people, who say they "have no use for them". Like brookstone, apple store, etc.

 

I just go online and redeem them for cash, you know, getting 90% of the value.

 

Is that bad? Its not the intended use for the card, and then that pretty much means they gave me cash. 

I haven't tried this yet, but I was reading that you can use gift card numbers (which are the same as credit card numbers) when an online company offers a "free 30 day trial" but requires credit card info, when you're sure you just want the 30-day trial.  You pick a gift card that has like fifty cents left on it and use that number.  When they try to charge it at the end of the 30 days, it won't go through.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

 

But the person would not have given me cash. It is kind of taking advantage that they do not know gift cards can be instantly redeemed for cash, no? 

 

Get the cash lol. People give gift cards to places because it makes them feel like they put more effort and thought into the present 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, ParticipationTrophyWife said:

I haven't tried this yet, but I was reading that you can use gift card numbers (which are the same as credit card numbers) when an online company offers a "free 30 day trial" but requires credit card info, when you're sure you just want the 30-day trial.  You pick a gift card that has like fifty cents left on it and use that number.  When they try to charge it at the end of the 30 days, it won't go through.

 

Thats a sweet idea. Or put like $1 onto one of those Visa gift cards from CVS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

11 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

 

C42549B3-F218-44D4-A04D-0AEB1B7DE882.jpeg.54205dcf6e7b46a66872e9c22e3a809a.jpeg

 

 

XS5LK.gif

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

ETHICS QUESTION

 

Sometimes I get gift cards from people, who say they "have no use for them". Like brookstone, apple store, etc.

 

I just go online and redeem them for cash, you know, getting 90% of the value.

 

Is that bad? Its not the intended use for the card, and then that pretty much means they gave me cash. 

I trade all of my unwanted ones for Amazon cards on Cardpool. Like worthless azz Starbucks cards that coffee sucks! 

  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Starbucks cards that coffee sucks! 

Totally agree, I don't know how anyone can drink that bitter stuff.

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thursday Toe-Day!!

No more blood, just some bubbles o' puss. 

 

  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post

It’s always good when a buyer arrives in a Nissan GTR

 

SOLD!

 

UBaVr7o.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds like the princess has the coral situation under control... we'll see in about 5 hours

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, spectra said:

Morning............woke up to a dead return pump on the big tank..........when it rains it pours I guess........

 Most of the failures with these DC pumps is the power supply. I've had several DC powered pumps for over 5 years and the only thing that fails on them is the power supply. I keep spares on hand just for such an eventuality. It's not a question of if they'll fail it's a question of when they'll fail.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Thursday Toe-Day!!

No more blood, just some bubbles o' puss. 

 

🤮 more bacteria on that big toe than in a dirty petri dish lol 

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah it's stupid. Sorry to hear..do you have extra pumps?

Good morning to you as well 

I rigged up a smaller one and will work for now

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lawnman said:

🤮 more bacteria on that big toe than in a dirty petri dish lol 

Please, you've sat on dirtier things than that!

😘

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

 Most of the failures with these DC pumps is the power supply. I've had several DC powered pumps for over 5 years and the only thing that fails on them is the power supply. I keep spares on hand just for such an eventuality. It's not a question of if they'll fail it's a question of when they'll fail.

Power supply was still lit up. It was a Vectra M1. Going to mess with it tonight needed to get to work....

 

Just rock,sand and a couple fish in there right now. No corals really. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, spectra said:

Power supply was still lit up. It was a Vectra M1. Going to mess with it tonight needed to get to work....

 

Just rock,sand and a couple fish in there right now. No corals really. 

I've had them be lit up and still not be putting out voltage.

Share this post


Link to post

Well guess who finally came over... 

 

Crazy neighbor lady - I couldn't keep her away any longer. 

 

She kept calling him 'Ian'. 

 

She sat on the last step of our stairs to be close to him when he was in the swing, couldn't get up without help from her husband, and then fell over... 

 

🤦‍♀️

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

Well guess who finally came over... 

 

Crazy neighbor lady - I couldn't keep her away any longer. 

 

She kept calling him 'Ian'. 

 

She sat on the last step of our stairs to be close to him when he was in the swing, couldn't get up without help from her husband, and then fell over... 

 

🤦‍♀️

She probably fell over from hypothermia. A nice neighbor would have invited her inside since it’s 18 outside. 

  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions

×