Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rolling out an HDR, what to use

Bishop

I need to start doing some HDR photos. Sometimes the lighting requires it and other times it gives the photo a more dramatic look. The problem I'm having is a program to use.

I have Photoshop CS3 but really don't know a lot about HDR here. I also keep seeing Photomatrix everywhere I look. I downloaded the trial to photomatrix and I do like it. Not to complicated. The downside is that I would have to shell out another $100 for it.

What do you guys do HDR with and what do you recommend?

i vote dont do it at all..99% time I see HDR photos and they make me wanna throw up with the over processed look to them and just look silly.

i vote dont do it at all..99% time I see HDR photos and they make me wanna throw up with the over processed look to them and just look silly.

That is just a matter of preference. I like the over processed look at times. Other times I find that I just cant move the sun to where I want it for the subject.

I would suggest completely skipping the whole HDR craze and instead focus on blending layers with different exposures manually in photoshop. That's a much more useful skill and it produces a much better final image.

If you really want to do HDR, I've always used Photomatix. The final pictures never really resemble what the preview says they're going to, but it's the best I've found.

I would suggest completely skipping the whole HDR craze and instead focus on blending layers with different exposures manually in photoshop. That's a much more useful skill and it produces a much better final image.

If you really want to do HDR, I've always used Photomatix. The final pictures never really resemble what the preview says they're going to, but it's the best I've found.

I actually like the sound of blending layers. Been about 12 years since I've ever really done much with anything like photoshop so I really don't know where to begin. I might end up going with Photomatrix but for the images that I just want to simply look good, Blending layers is probably my answer.

Any good guides to start at that you know of? Really just need a direction to go without an overload of complications.

http://christopherodonnellphotography.com/...s-in-photoshop/

http://layersmagazine.com/exposure-blendin...-photoshop.html

There are a lot of them out there if these don't make sense. The best luck I've had finding them was by doing a google search for exposure blending. This is a technique I've wanted to try for forever too.

Thanx. That certainly points me in a good direction.

Archived