SaltCritters.com

AC 70 Impeller broke

akima283

I turned off my filter to inspect some new zoa for nudi's....plugged filter back in to hear a god awful noise.

The impeller broke! the little tab thingy that makes it lean against the other tab thingy so it spins broke! Crap. It's 10 pm here, no fish store is open right now and I dont even think they carry the replacement parts.

Anyone know of a way to rig it? I'm trying to super glue a random piece of plastic to make a doohickie but I have a feeling its going to fly off. Can I superglue the entire fan thingy onto the magnet part? Help! My tank has no flow right now! eeek

Try the super gule but give it an hour. If that dose not work do you have air pump and stone? They will keep your tank alive tell tomorrow.

I turned off my filter to inspect some new zoa for nudi's....plugged filter back in to hear a god awful noise.

The impeller broke! the little tab thingy that makes it lean against the other tab thingy so it spins broke! Crap. It's 10 pm here, no fish store is open right now and I dont even think they carry the replacement parts.

Anyone know of a way to rig it? I'm trying to super glue a random piece of plastic to make a doohickie but I have a feeling its going to fly off. Can I superglue the entire fan thingy onto the magnet part? Help! My tank has no flow right now! eeek

I have a back up in-tank filter from another FW tank....Whisper, 3 gallons....that's kind comical in a 10 gallon. I can steal the airpump from my freshwater tank.

What about the propeller blades themselves? Should I glue the sucker straight onto the magnet piece.

It looks like I would have to be careful not to get glue inside the tube part where the motor pin goes....

Seriously though, Aquaclear...what is the point of the tab thingy? cleaning?

Wait, is your AC70 your only means of water circulation? No powerhead? Always good to have redundant systems in your tank. I'm running an MP10 and the AC70, if either died, the tank would be ok. You could add a small powerhead to your system.

Wait, is your AC70 your only means of water circulation? No powerhead? Always good to have redundant systems in your tank. I'm running an MP10 and the AC70, if either died, the tank would be ok. You could add a small powerhead to your system.

+1 my thoughts exactly... additionally I wouldn't consider an ac70 to be enough flow by itself on a 10g. Just my opinion

mine didn't break... but i did a water change one night and forgot to turn the AC70 back on! My heater was also in the AC70... no, the heater didn't melt the AC70 lol. actually, I didn't notice that the AC79 was off till noon the next day. all the corals were fully opened and perfectly fine with just a small power head that i did leave on. the water was a bit chilly at 74 but it was like nothing had happened.

guess if corals can survive shipping, one night w/out circulation shouldn't be a big problem.

FWIW, AC70's are on sale on Amazon.com for like $36.00. I bought a second one as a backup.

LMBO....that's where I got this one from!

This tank I had to set up pdq for another emergency. I had a shroom that decided to jelly overnight, so this tank I set up lickity split to keep it from spreading. No, I don't have a powerhead and yes I need to get one. I wasnt expecting having to set up a tank superman fast one hour before work :P Then the dang ac70 breaks....When it rains it pours, right?

LMBO....that's where I got this one from!

This tank I had to set up pdq for another emergency. I had a shroom that decided to jelly overnight, so this tank I set up lickity split to keep it from spreading. No, I don't have a powerhead and yes I need to get one. I wasnt expecting having to set up a tank superman fast one hour before work :P Then the dang ac70 breaks....When it rains it pours, right?

Lol, thats life :P

Archived