SaltCritters.com

"safe" to assume this is Aiptasia?

turbobeast

I have two of these making laps around my rock around my tank. Should I start to eliminate them now? :scarry: The pictures are of the same one but different angles. Thanks.

S9zal.jpg

Lower left quadrant of pic

Q9aod.jpg

That was quick. The other one is on that little branch next to those 2 little zoa's. Do you think injecting them would be best? I really don't want to move the rocks out. It's a true balancing act in there.

That was quick. The other one is on that little branch next to those 2 little zoa's. Do you think injecting them would be best? I really don't want to move the rocks out. It's a true balancing act in there.

If your rock are that hard to balance then you might wanna consider livestock knocking them over. for just one or two small aiptasia, injection is fine. If you use something like lemon juice, just be aware that it only takes a few drops per gallon to drastically change your PH. As small as it is, I would chase it into it's hole then superglue it in.

If your rock are that hard to balance then you might wanna consider livestock knocking them over. for just one or two small aiptasia, injection is fine. If you use something like lemon juice, just be aware that it only takes a few drops per gallon to drastically change your PH. As small as it is, I would chase it into it's hole then superglue it in.

So, can you use the superglue gel submerged in tank/underwater?

Joe's Juice? I need a syringe anyway, and that kit provides it. I guess I'll see what they have at one of the local LFS(the hidden reef in PA) tomorrow during lunch. Plus it gives me an excuse to go there!

Someone recommended this to me........I took out the rock and burned the bugger with a Cream Brule torch.

It seemed to work well.

The safest chemical free way that I've used in the past is.....

Syringe + needle + boiling water = dead aptasia

just fill a syringe with boiling water and inject a small amount into its hole/hiding place.

Archived