Pod Your Reef

dfcn07's 12g Nano Cube DX

dfcn07

Just an update on my ich problem on my most recent purchase.

QT Day 3: Black Ice Clown seems to be doing well but he is starting to show some flesh wounds. I'm not sure if the treatment is working. I'm still praying that he makes it through. Here's a video and picture of his current state.

198158452324221781_mncBqPzX.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clownfish I was planning to keep died on me last night... Was harassed really badly by the established one the past few days. But everyone said it was normal... I feel your clown woes. :(

The clownfish I was planning to keep died on me last night... Was harassed really badly by the established one the past few days. But everyone said it was normal... I feel your clown woes. :(

Ouch... So sorry to hear, buddy. Yeah, that was my very first fish death in my tank and I didn't get the chance to even try to help him. Which kind of clown was it?

Ouch... So sorry to hear, buddy. Yeah, that was my very first fish death in my tank and I didn't get the chance to even try to help him. Which kind of clown was it?

Picasso... :(

Thinking about taking down my 12 gallon and either starting over again or going bigger with the new JBJ Rimless Biotope 30gal. What do you guys think?

Having the same tank, I think it's a good idea. I'm already starting to run out of room and this is before taking into account that my zoas need to grow on the rockwork! Bigger tank = more options. But it also means spending more $$$ to fill it up. :bling:

You're about 4-5 months in now... Still early! Do the jump!!!

ELMbQ.jpg

Definitely going to do the jump. It's now a toss up between the JBJ Rimless 30gallon or a tank from picoaquariums.com. Either going for the Deep Blue 15 or the Ridge 20, which will allow me to keep my table in my room. :)

Also... The thing that made me decide to just take the jump was this week. First my bad purchase on black ice. And just today, as I was setting down some new ricordeas, I did a little rock work and accidentally crushed my Helfrichi when she was hiding inside the rock work. Lesson learned... Next tank, I'll have to watch for the loose rock work. This week was such a nightmare. I think I jinxed myself when I said earlier in this thread that the "first 108 days were smooth".

On a good side. I think the other black ice clown is going to make it. He's not eating yet, but he is definitely recovering, ich is gone and still an active swimmer and still curious at things that are going on. I'm praying that him and Blenny Kravitz will be the stars of my next tank.

Definitely going to do the jump. It's now a toss up between the JBJ Rimless 30gallon or a tank from picoaquariums.com. Either going for the Deep Blue 15 or the Ridge 20, which will allow me to keep my table in my room. :)

Also... The thing that made me decide to just take the jump was this week. First my bad purchase on black ice. And just today, as I was setting down some new ricordeas, I did a little rock work and accidentally crushed my Helfrichi when she was hiding inside the rock work. Lesson learned... Next tank, I'll have to watch for the loose rock work. This week was such a nightmare. I think I jinxed myself when I said earlier in this thread that the "first 108 days were smooth".

On a good side. I think the other black ice clown is going to make it. He's not eating yet, but he is definitely recovering, ich is gone and still an active swimmer and still curious at things that are going on. I'm praying that him and Blenny Kravitz will be the stars of my next tank.

You crushed Val?! D:

Also, those tanks are smaller... o.o

You crushed Val?! D:

Also, those tanks are smaller... o.o

I did. So unfortunate. :(

I got so depressed after that. Ill have to be extra extra careful next time.

I think I'm goin to go for the Ridge 24 on picoaquariums. I'll have more sandbed space and swimming space for my livestock since its dimensions are 24x12x12. Probably almost 2x more swimming space. NC12 is 15.8x13.8x14.8. Not to mention, I can get the ridge in Starphire and with a glass hood! I'd finally be able to put my Ecoxotic Par38s to use.

Ridge 24:

Total system 14.5

Display volume: 13 Gal

The Deep Blue 18:

Total System Volume: 22

Display Volume: 17 Gal

Deep blue is bigger! That's the one that I want... And the starfire glass. *drool* Whichever tank you go with I'm sure to be jealous! Got me thinking about getting one of these already!

Sorry about Val!!!!! The picoaquarium tank sounds nice. I'm glad to hear your clown is improving too :happy:

It's ok. I'll be buying Val 2 when I set up my next tank. =p I can't want to get home from work to see if he's eating. So excited to see him better.

Ridge 24:

Total system 14.5

Display volume: 13 Gal

The Deep Blue 18:

Total System Volume: 22

Display Volume: 17 Gal

Deep blue is bigger! That's the one that I want... And the starfire glass. *drool* Whichever tank you go with I'm sure to be jealous! Got me thinking about getting one of these already!

Haha. Everyone should get one! Yeah the ridge is then only one that would fit the table I have. Unless I get a new stand, which is also another positivity.

For those who are keeping up to date...

QT Day 5: It's a great day!!! Ich spots no longer visible. Clown no longer breathing heavy, Flesh wounds starting to go away. Only bad thing is that the clown is still not showing interest in food.

198158452324236736_5EpvtcjW.jpg

Good luck with your clown! Btw, now we're avatar buddies! I always loved my photo of Puppy in the Zoa Garden. :)

Thanks! Yeah my clown is doing awesome right now. Just gotta get him eating and he's golden!

I love it! TSB's rule! Haha!

He's been through a lot. I don't think I'd be eating much either :)

Maybe the medicine suppresses appetite. Did you try the frozen cyclopeeze?

Maybe it does. I'll do a big water change tonight or tomorrow when I have time. I was planning on picking some up after work tonight. Scales n Tales is just 2.8 miles away from where I work so maybe I can pick it up there. Do you know of they carry it? And is there a specific brand I should get?

Maybe it does. I'll do a big water change tonight or tomorrow when I have time. I was planning on picking some up after work tonight. Scales n Tales is just 2.8 miles away from where I work so maybe I can pick it up there. Do you know of they carry it? And is there a specific brand I should get?

I was JUST there! :lol:

I don't think they carry it. Mark's in Studio City usually has it but sometimes they are out. Try calling Mark's cuz I'm pretty certain SnT won't have it. Actually....call them too. I didn't look in the freezer when I was just there.

It usually comes in bar form. The packaging is red.

I was JUST there! :lol:

I don't think they carry it. Mark's in Studio City usually has it but sometimes they are out. Try calling Mark's cuz I'm pretty certain SnT won't have it. Actually....call them too. I didn't look in the freezer when I was just there.

It usually comes in bar form. The packaging is red.

Ahh!! That sucks. It would've been easy mode if they had it. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

Ahh!! That sucks. It would've been easy mode if they had it. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

I've never seen it there before...but they may have it. Call SnT just in case. You may still get that easy mode ;)

I've never seen it there before...but they may have it. Call SnT just in case. You may still get that easy mode ;)

Went to SnT. They didn't have it. They did have something called Cyclops, but not Cyclop eeze (Are they the same?). Anyways, I didn't get it. I did see a really really nice Clarkii though! His colors were gorgeous and his fins were big! I also went to Rainbow, they didn't have it either. But they said that if I want it, I can order it and it will come in next Thursday. So I picked up some brine shrimp. Maybe he'll eat that. I'll see if I can try Mark's and Vivid tomorrow.

Archived