inTank Media Baskets

my dilemma...

Thornchase

I have had my 10gal for three weeks. I have a piece of live rock that i bought from the lfs along with ~8lbs of DR... The DR is complete $#!@. I am also downgrading my 10 to a 3g jbj... I am using the sand i had in my 10 for the 3g but i am getting new DR from reefcleaners. will the sand and small piece of LR from my 10 seeed the DR? The catch!

The 10 gal had no light on it... with the "LR'' still be "LIVE"??

I have had my 10gal for three weeks. I have a piece of live rock that i bought from the lfs along with ~8lbs of DR... The DR is complete $#!@. I am also downgrading my 10 to a 3g jbj... I am using the sand i had in my 10 for the 3g but i am getting new DR from reefcleaners. will the sand and small piece of LR from my 10 seeed the DR? The catch!

The 10 gal had no light on it... with the "LR'' still be "LIVE"??

yes it will, i have kept LR in a closed 5gal bucket with nothing but a pump for months without issue. Why are you downgrading? sounds like a terrible idea.

yes it will, i have kept LR in a closed 5gal bucket with nothing but a pump for months without issue. Why are you downgrading? sounds like a terrible idea.

I know I know! But the 10 gal is unnecessary for what i want... i want an all zoa, softy, and shroom tank with maybe a goby... i am going to get two so i can drill them and create a tunnel from one to another! just think its cooler and i dont like fish... sounds weird i know. i just like corals and small picos!

I know I know! But the 10 gal is unnecessary for what i want... i want an all zoa, softy, and shroom tank with maybe a goby... i am going to get two so i can drill them and create a tunnel from one to another! just think its cooler and i dont like fish... sounds weird i know. i just like corals and small picos!

You just wait til you get the SPS bug, and you will no matter what you say :P. I had an SPS pico and couldn't keep my alk and cal up for anything.

BAH! there are way more than enough zoas to fil a 10gal tank. stick with the 10 and work it.

I have two 10gallons right now that i will just disassemble till i am ready for the 10! I am not to please with SPS... i have no idea why! its kinda the same with me hating the oh so glorious tangs! :P someday ill turn the 10gal to a SPS tank if i get into it! I only make $20 a week... so i cant really afford to keep the 10 going at the moment :( but dont lose faith in me! Im still going to have a Pico and still setup the 10! (most likely after my birthday ill set it back up... bday=$$$)

if you only make $20 a week you just aren't ambitious enough... go get a paper route or something :P

getting a job at 16...let alone any age... is almost impossible at this time!

getting a job at 16...let alone any age... is almost impossible at this time!

But there is always rich ppl willing to pay stupid amounts of money for things they are too lazy to do.

But there is always rich ppl willing to pay stupid amounts of money for things they are too lazy to do.

very true :P 20 a week is amazing for a pico though... and i love picos... my ten gal will be set up soon in a couple months!

Archived