Coral Vue Hydros

mp10 question will it work with 1/2" thick sides

amjez

I bought a tank that has 1/2" acrylic sides and noticed the info for the mp10 says the maximum thickness should be 3/8" I know its not much of a difference, but wanted to see if anybody has used a mp10 with 1/2" thick sides. I don't have the tank yet and need to figure out if I should return the mp10.

Thanks in advance.

hawkingcolorado
I bought a tank that has 1/2" acrylic sides and noticed the info for the mp10 says the maximum thickness should be 3/8" I know its not much of a difference, but wanted to see if anybody has used a mp10 with 1/2" thick sides. I don't have the tank yet and need to figure out if I should return the mp10.

Thanks in advance.

I was in the same boat...I have a 1/2" Acrylic AIO...My MP10 works perfectly...But I did decide to measure it with a caliper..It's just a hair under 1/2"...This might be the reason..You should give it a try..Tim

I was in the same boat...I have a 1/2" Acrylic AIO...My MP10 works perfectly...But I did decide to measure it with a caliper..It's just a hair under 1/2"...This might be the reason..You should give it a try..Tim

Thanks. I hope it works on my tank as well.

Running the MP10 on thicker walls then 3/8" would have 2 possible results

pre-mature wear on the bearings inside the dry side and and one thats already been mentioned about the wet and dry side detaching

Archived