Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MB's IM Nuvo Nano 8

MooseBranch

I havent posted and update in quite some time lol

Well Ive lost my acan and some how my clown fish jumped out the tank; I have a glass lid....

The stand I built is complete and very sturdy. Proud of it since its the first piece of furniture I built from scratch.

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also got a torch coral with GSP and my hammer coral has 3 new heads since my last update. Ive been playing with the placement of my MP10 and have seemed to find the sweet spot for my tank. Its a bit powerful even on the lowest setting. Lighting seems to be ok now. I plan on getting a house within a year or less so Im trying to hold out on buying anything for this tank and start planning a new larger tank build with sump and all :naughtydance:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The inTank Media Basket is beyond great! I highly recommend it for these tanks. IT'S A MUST HAVE ;)

I need to add more color to my tank. Maybe some red or blue colored corals.

Maybe my light makes everything look too purple/violet/blueish in pics

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Moosebranch, I just recently purchased the NUVO 8 Gallon tank, mine does not have a clear back where the filter is though. Anyways so far I have 3 live rocks equalling about 7 lbs. And 10 lbs of sand. Everything is stock, I was wondering if you have any tips in upgrades i should do to it or if it will be ok leaving it stock for a while? Also I cannot figure out how to change the power of the stock pump.

-Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Moosebranch, I just recently purchased the NUVO 8 Gallon tank, mine does not have a clear back where the filter is though. Anyways so far I have 3 live rocks equalling about 7 lbs. And 10 lbs of sand. Everything is stock, I was wondering if you have any tips in upgrades i should do to it or if it will be ok leaving it stock for a while? Also I cannot figure out how to change the power of the stock pump.

-Thanks

I would definitely upgrade the media basket to an inTank unit for the added space and better construction. Auto water top off is nice to have. The clear backing on mine was cool when I had the tank on my kitchen bar but now its against a wall and I cant really see it anymore. The stock pump should have a sliding bar thing that sets how much water you want to flow through it. Lights; all depends on the coral you plan to keep. I miss the bright, crisp light of the stock LEDs and the separate moon lights. It was such a clean look. Now my tank seems too blue sometimes in pictures. Hope that helps some ;)

Moose, I just received my nuvo 8 yesterday and it looks sexy, I placed a order from inTank for the media and fuge baskets along with fresh CPE/Purigen.

I also ordered a Hydor Theo 50w heater.

Did you upgrade your stock pump? I'm debating about either a mini jet 606 or maxi jet 900 with the spinstream, I'd prefer not to use a powerhead but would if need to.

Check out my Nuvo thread HERE and let me know what you think

Did you upgrade your stock pump? I'm debating about either a mini jet 606 or maxi jet 900 with the spinstream, I'd prefer not to use a powerhead but would if need to.

I have a Nuvo 8 and upgraded the pump to a Tunze Silence 1073.008. It's very quiet and rated for 40-210 gph. I have a few SPS so I want to get a little more flow, so I've been thinking of upgrading to a Sicce 1.0 or 1.5 and putting a "Y" adapter on the return to get the water flowing in different directions.

Don't get the SpinStream, it cuts down on water flow and is VERY loud.

I still have the factory pump

I had a Spinstream for about 1 hour lol I didn't like how noisy it was.

One hour of the SpinStream. You have more patience than me. I ripped it out in less than 1 minute! :lol:

• Like 1

Me thinking out loud...

I think I have too much green in my tank. The orange Zoas are still over powered by the greens. I think I need some red or yellow....

Polarcollision

OMG! you have a snowflake eel hitchhiker living in the nuvo?? I always cast them longing eyes at the LFS...

How do you like the custom stand? Any regrets? Things that work really well? I think I'm going to have to build one. No luck finding anything to purchase.

• Like 1

OMG! you have a snowflake eel hitchhiker living in the nuvo?? I always cast them longing eyes at the LFS...

How do you like the custom stand? Any regrets? Things that work really well? I think I'm going to have to build one. No luck finding anything to purchase.

Hey! The stand is awesome. I couldn't find anything that would work for how I wanted my tank to sit. Most were too low and wide enough for my cat to jump on lol. Its the perfect height. I would really like to rescape my tank and make a taller structure to use up more vertical space but I doubt I do it. inTank media baskets ROCK. Weekly water changes of 1.5 to 2 gallons seem to be working for me. And I have to get rid of my peppermint shrimp. I just bought another Acan to give it another shot since the first one died a few months back and realized he was picking at it. I bought him to eat aptasia almost a year ago and haven't seen any in over 10 months so I guess its safe to take him out. Thanks for looking ;)

How are you liking the par bulb? I'm curios if I should go this route, but the customization of the ai nano looks insane. I <3 that hammer btw lol

How are you liking the par bulb? I'm curios if I should go this route, but the customization of the ai nano looks insane. I <3 that hammer btw lol

Bulb seems ok so far. In pictures, it looks very blue but it's nice and bright. I really like the AI nano from what I've read about it

Beautiful growth and color scheme going on here. Now show us the eel!

He's gone lol The eel was returned to the fish store promptly after spotting it since these tanks are too small for it to really do anything

• 2 weeks later...

Moosebranch, I bought the inTank media basket, I was wondering what exactly you put in to each conpartment? Right now I have the stock filters(carbon, phosphate and the yellow filter). Havnt seen my water clear up any better yet.

Polarcollision

Moosebranch, I bought the inTank media basket, I was wondering what exactly you put in to each conpartment? Right now I have the stock filters(carbon, phosphate and the yellow filter). Havnt seen my water clear up any better yet.

Hi - I wasn't asked so hopefully you don't mind me butting in. I use filter floss on top with Purigen holding it up toward the waterline. Then Chemipure in the middle one. Nothing in the bottom, though sometimes I'll use a second filter floss if flow is still good.

He's gone lol The eel was returned to the fish store promptly after spotting it since these tanks are too small for it to really do anything

Oh! I thought you kept him and were making a good home for him somehow. Doh! :-)

Hi - I wasn't asked so hopefully you don't mind me butting in. I use filter floss on top with Purigen holding it up toward the waterline. Then Chemipure in the middle one. Nothing in the bottom, though sometimes I'll use a second filter floss if flow is still good.

Thank you!

Hey, really nice looking setup you got here! I'm working on a Nuvo 8 as well, I didn't notice if you were running a skimmer or not on this system?

Awesome zoas and hammer by the way

cyclonewxchick

Just gonna throw this out there, I love my AI nano on my Nuvo 8... it's extremely customizable, I have my settings peaking around 30% for each of the colors.

I love your tank!

Bulb seems ok so far. In pictures, it looks very blue but it's nice and bright. I really like the AI nano from what I've read about it

• 1 month later...
MooseBranch

Hey, really nice looking setup you got here! I'm working on a Nuvo 8 as well, I didn't notice if you were running a skimmer or not on this system?

Awesome zoas and hammer by the way

Thanks. Im not running a skimmer

Just gonna throw this out there, I love my AI nano on my Nuvo 8... it's extremely customizable, I have my settings peaking around 30% for each of the colors.

I love your tank!

Thanks ;)

Archived