Coral Vue Hydros

MB's IM Nuvo Nano 8

MooseBranch

MooseBranch
Now I want to know where do you order your liverocks, those are awesome!

I got if from a LFS called Blue Planet Aquariums here in McDonough, GA. They had some pretty cool pieces.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited to see your tank take shape! I'm putting together a JBJ 3 gallon for work and I want to use uncured LR like yours! Now I just need to find some!

MooseBranch
I'm excited to see your tank take shape! I'm putting together a JBJ 3 gallon for work and I want to use uncured LR like yours! Now I just need to find some!

The uncured rock was a bit frustrating at first due to the unseen Aiptasia that came out of nowhere and the eel was kinda tricky to remove but overall Im happy. My peppermint shrimp ate all the Aiptasia :)

MooseBranch
Nice additions! How are they looking in the tank?

So far they have been great. Apollo(Firefish) is all over the tank. Very friendly

Acan has "plumped up" a bit and I could see its sweepers moving around.

My tank looks a bit crazy at the moment. Its hard getting a shot of Apollo.

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
MooseBranch

Few new pics. I need to get another DSLR so I can have better control over photo settings

My snails have cleaned EVERYTHING, even my Koralia. But they are everywhere. There's a few crawling around in the rear chambers in the filters....

I added a 3 head frogspawn

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

I'm pretty new to this, too. The epoxy putty works well but it's hard to get things to stick without some of it showing. Hopefully, things in your tank (and mine) will grow enough that eventually you won't be able to see any the putty around the edges. Good luck. It's amazing how big your 8g looks.

MooseBranch
I'm pretty new to this, too. The epoxy putty works well but it's hard to get things to stick without some of it showing. Hopefully, things in your tank (and mine) will grow enough that eventually you won't be able to see any the putty around the edges. Good luck. It's amazing how big your 8g looks.

Thanks! I hope so lol It's all in the angle on how you take the pics because I laugh about how big the tank looks in pictures then put my cooler next to it and realize its small :mellow: lol

Looks great so far! ;)

Thanks!

Nice addition! Your Apollo is awesome!

Thank you!

Lets see what happens now.......

photo1-5.jpg

MooseBranch

Currently, my tank sits on top of my bar with the wires pretty much going to a corner on the kitchen counter. Kinda sloppy but in a neat way. Well, I was bored and decided to start building a pedestal type stand and a place to hide wires and store goodies.

So far, I've spent about $15 on wood and screws. This is just the core of the stand that I built; there is still much needed (sides, door, shelves, top, bottom with feet, additional bracing, paint)

I "planked" on it and it held me well lol Im about 185lbs

DIY FTW

photo1-6.jpg

photo2-8.jpg

digitalfreq

Let me know how the MP10 works out.. I have a brand new one sitting next to my 8 gallon Cadlight but i'm afraid its much too powerful even at its lowest setting. Seems like a waste to me. And wow a snowflake eel as a hitchhiker?? thats awesome..

MooseBranch
Looking forward too the next post! :lol:

Work has had me very busy, so no progress on my stand.. <_< lol

But here's a new shot. I rescaped some LR on the right and moved the LR on the right forward for a future LPS or ricordea garden

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

MooseBranch
Let me know how the MP10 works out.. I have a brand new one sitting next to my 8 gallon Cadlight but i'm afraid its much too powerful even at its lowest setting. Seems like a waste to me. And wow a snowflake eel as a hitchhiker?? thats awesome..

MP10 isnt bad. Its lowest setting was less flow than my Koralia Nano 240. So you got room to play. I usually keep power in the first quarter range. Anything higher and my frogspawn dances like crazy. Also my sand is not disturbed. Acan loves the flow along the bottom. Plus nightime mode is nice

digitalfreq
MP10 isnt bad. Its lowest setting was less flow than my Koralia Nano 240. So you got room to play. I usually keep power in the first quarter range. Anything higher and my frogspawn dances like crazy. Also my sand is not disturbed. Acan loves the flow along the bottom. Plus nightime mode is nice

Yea, I installed my MP10 in my tank today. You're right it's not too bad. I just hope it doesn't blow away my corals when i start to add them...

What is night time mode??

Nevermind, i just found the instructions online.

http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/upload...Revision1.1.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
MooseBranch
So how are things?

lol i want your zoas snap some pictures ....closeups :)

Things are ok. I got a nice outbreak of cyano outbreak over my sand right now omgomgomg

Hopefully it clears up soon.

Hey :) what do you use for the filter section?

Are you using the original filter basket with innovative marine's sponges or putting something else??

I recently got the chemipure elite and purigen, but then it seems like using the filter basket won't let the flow through the filter, so I just threw it away.

I'm just wondering how you are doing it, your tank looks nice :D

MooseBranch
Hey :) what do you use for the filter section?

Are you using the original filter basket with innovative marine's sponges or putting something else??

I recently got the chemipure elite and purigen, but then it seems like using the filter basket won't let the flow through the filter, so I just threw it away.

I'm just wondering how you are doing it, your tank looks nice :D

Thanks. I currently use stock filters plus Purigen. I plan on replacing the filter set up soon.

photo-6.jpg

Just and idea but have you thought about ditching the stock filter chamber. I ended up putting cheato in the first chamber with a small submersible 10watt halogen light for growth. I then hung a bag mixed with carbon and rowaphos in the last chamber. I have my heater in the second chamber just like you. I don't know if you have the the light fixture from boostled, but it has some white plastic screws that are perfect to hang the bag from right where the water flows to the last chamber. I have the exact same set up as you except I have an ocreef par38 bulb.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived