Cultivated Reef

clownfish issue

ngarcia11892

so one of my new clowns isnt eating very much at all, and has long stringy white poop thats been stuck like that for about a day, im thinking its an internal parasite any one know anything i can do to treat this or any other possible causes? the little male is doing fine and eating like a pig but she isnt and isnt as active.

Put a medium to large breeder net into your tank and put your clown in it. Add garlic xtreme to two seperate containers one with frozen, the second with pellets. Add a little bit at a time alternating foods to try to encourage her to eat. If you can get her eating and boost her immune system she may fight it off. I'm not sure what it is exactly. If you dont have garlic xtreme you can cheat. I've done this several times and it works just fine. Take one clove of garlic and 2 tablespoons of distilled or rodi water. Crush the garlic clove and put it in a coffee cup with the water and heat it in the microwave for around 45 seconds. Take it out and let it cool to room temp. It will smell horrible but the garlic will release its oils and flavors into the water which when added with the food flavors the food. Dont over use the mixture. A little goes a long way. Good luck.

My ORA grade A picassos came with internal parasites. Every now and then they act up. The long stringy poop may actually be the parasite hanging out the butt, that happens. Use Garlic Xtreme directly on the food as stated above, plus soak the food in Selcon to make the fish

health wise. You may also see the fish looking bloated after not eating, that's also signs of a parasite. Many fish live out their entire lives with internal parasites, it's nothing to stress about usually, though it can kill the fish if it's bad enough. Dim the lights as much as possible to make the fish calmer, and continue trying to feed it until it eats. It will pull through. :)

I just lost one of my fancy snowflakes to the same sort of thing and now i have my female in hospital tank treating her. Hope every things workout better for you then it did for me.

Archived