Pod Your Reef

Radion mp10 question

Trauma

I have the ecotech marine radion light fixture and a mp10 pump.

If I buy the battery backup will it run both the light and pump?

Anyone know for how long it would run both if it is capable of doing so?

Thanks for any help with !

It's not capable of running the light but in any case, you would not want to do that. If you lose power you want to keep water circulating as long as possible, having a light on is not necessary, keeping water moving is.

It's not capable of running the light but in any case, you would not want to do that. If you lose power you want to keep water circulating as long as possible, having a light on is not necessary, keeping water moving is.

The Radion is fully compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup.

In the event of a power outage, lack of light energy over the aquarium results in corals switching from photosynthesis (producing oxygen) to respiration (consuming oxygen). When used with a Battery Backup accessory, the Radion emits low levels of light intended to prevent corals from respiring, and therefore; your Radion will help to maintain an oxygen-rich environment for your fish during this critical time period.

Sounds like it runs the lite. But will it run the pump at the same time?

Sounds like you knew the answer to your question before you posted your question.

Lol I still don't know the answer to my ?

I know it runs the lite and I know it will run a pump. What I don't know is will one unit run both or do I have to buy 2. I was also wondering if it could run 2 devices how long they would run for.

Archived