Pod Your Reef

adding cuc 8.1 ph please help!

Andynco

hello,

i have been fighting ph for a week and a half dosing a lot and got it to 8.1 and want to know if it is safe for a cuc my tank finish cycling i week ago and i have a pistol shrimp and 2 hermit and 10 mixed snails in my biocube so please help

thanks and have a nice day

P.S i will keep dosing after i add the cuc

thanks my lfs says that it has to be 8.3 thanks

Are they also the ones selling you the buffer? Lol. Measuring in the morning will lead to a lower result than at the end of the light cycle so keep that in mind. Mine has dipped as low as 7.8

yes they are there great but i just cant get it to rise

What I'm sayings your ph is fine. They are selling you products that you don't need.

Ph is less important than you have been told. As long as you are at 7.8 you are fine. Chasing ph can lead to higher all. Where ia your all. It also has lead many people to crashes.

thanks guys now i know thats y i join NR and whats a good starting size for my 90 gallon acryic i have 10 snails and 2 hermits and 1 pistol shrimp cuz i am going to the lfs

check out my 90 build

Exactly. 8.1 is spot on. They were probably getting you to buy a buffer or some odd chemical.

<_< Take all questions here. Not to people who want your money

check out reefcleaners.org and see what 90 packages they offer. That is probably a good start or you can get a similar crew from your LFS but I dont know how expensive they would be since they are trying to sell you PH buffer. Reefcleaners has a great price as long as your not getting overnight sensitive inverts. I got a crazy amount of extras when I ordered

check out reefcleaners.org and see what 90 packages they offer. That is probably a good start or you can get a similar crew from your LFS but I dont know how expensive they would be since they are trying to sell you PH buffer. Reefcleaners has a great price as long as your not getting overnight sensitive inverts. I got a crazy amount of extras when I ordered

+1

I order 20 snails, they give me 50. And, I would not worry about pH, 8.1 is perfectly fine. My tank max out at a pH of 8.1-8.2 during the day and sits at 7.8 at night. Be careful dosing anything for pH, usually these type of buffer will cause a spike in Alkalinity.

Archived