SaltCritters.com

Elos Osmocontroller?

rbaby

So I got this Elos Osmocontroller today--how the heck does it get the water from the reservoir to the display? Does the water go through the sensor?! I only see one connection coming out from the pump and it's going to the controller...there's another hole but I'm not sure if I'm suppose to attach a hose to that and the water will pump out of that. If that other hole is indeed the outlet...what size is it suppose to be and why isn't it in the instructions? Grr..

My sensor doesn't have a silver tip like pictures, it has a plastic white coating on it and also a rubber coating around the wire right above the sensor...is this the new version or am I suppose to take this off?

These are single handedly the worst directions I have ever read. Any help/clarification would be great.

Thanks!

why don't you contact Jesse from ELOS USA. He is very quick in responding to installation/set up issues. here is his contact info i grabbed from Reefcentral

Jesse

877-373-0105(Toll Free)

925-600-8020(Office)

info@elosusa.com

www.facebook.com/elosusa

rbaby.... I was in the same boat.

That other hole is the output. I contacted Jesse and he recommended 3/8" silicone tubing I bought 3/8" vinyl however I found it was hard to fit over that hole. I used a small pieces of 3/8" nylon tubing to fit inside the hole then the 3/8" vinyl from homedepot to fit over top the nylon hose. The nylon just acted like a coupler and it worked great. I think 1/2" hose will fit over top the outlet but it's kinda bulky. A good 3/8" silicone hose may squeeze over the outlet!?

Also yeah mine had the plastic tip not the silver tip as pictured I guess that's the new design.

Good luck!

rbaby.... I was in the same boat.

That other hole is the output. I contacted Jesse and he recommended 3/8" silicone tubing I bought 3/8" vinyl however I found it was hard to fit over that hole. I used a small pieces of 3/8" nylon tubing to fit inside the hole then the 3/8" vinyl from homedepot to fit over top the nylon hose. The nylon just acted like a coupler and it worked great. I think 1/2" hose will fit over top the outlet but it's kinda bulky. A good 3/8" silicone hose may squeeze over the outlet!?

Also yeah mine had the plastic tip not the silver tip as pictured I guess that's the new design.

Good luck!

Thanks Jay--if the instructions were clear about indicating what the hell each piece was, I think it wouldn't be so confusing. I don't know why the manual just can't indicate that part to being the outlet, and what sort & size of tubing fits the damn thing.

Common sense clearly tells you that there's an outlet...but I just paid $200 and they can't even write proper instructions. Now I have to order the silicone tube in the right size...and wait to set it up then.

No way this thread is serious.

Thank you for being so helpful. :slap:

Terrible instructions I agree. I also found it a bit hard to find the set point, shoot for somewhere in the middle of the white tip and you won't be far off. Mine was a little high of center. It takes a bit of fooling around with it but once it's working its great. It seems to dial in better with time too.

Archived