Pod Your Reef

BBN 75 Gal *4 Mew Fish added*

vash028

Canopy is painted and on my tank and after a 3 day black out no algae and color look fine and finally fixed my broken LED driver so lights are perfect.

cbb0367c.jpg

View from my bed...

7b4ac55a.jpg

Comments are very wlcome. More equipment and corals and life are in my future as soon as i get more cash gonna be adding a BulkReefSupply Carbon and GFO reactor.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added a candy-cane pistol shrimp he is oh so tiny, and a juvenile YWG and there names are Fry and Binder ill get some pics when they pair up.

So after i did a black out all the Dino-flageletes in my tank vanished woot right? Well a week later its all back gonna do another 3 day black out hopefully this time with the protein skimmer it will go away.

Well after I thought my YWG died booie found him in my sump. Woot now fingers crossed my pistol shrimp didnt die so they can paipics coming later.

hooligan_78

Tank looks great. Blacking out the lights will work, but unless you figure out the source of the cyano and dyno, will keep coming back. More flow can help limit their ability to attach. Also, if you have a Michael's or Hobby Lobby nearby, get some of the crochet mesh to make strainers for your overflows...will keep fish from going down them! Did you keep your lids on? If not, an eggcrate wall along the back the length of the tank and height of the canopy will keep in the potenial jumpers.

Well the dyno went away with black out and 4 straight days of doing at least 5 gallon water changes and on 2 of the days i did 10 gallon water changes. Along with him out of the sump but he is totally hiding lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I like the kit alot which I got the meanwhiles or what ever there called the ones that aren't gold. They can be placed on a dimmer for better control and I have the 72 50/50 CW and NW and them 50/50 B and RB along with 4 UVs for a total of 72. I just don't like my drivers all that much but hey they work so if it's not broke don't fix it.

Well pretty big update here to me. I traded my 3 BoostLed bulbs and arms for 100 cash and a 2 little fishes phosban reactor along with 2 shrooms one red and another green and a 15 head frogspawn pretty pumped about it. Also was out of town in Bowling Green KY and while i was there on my last day soped by there LFS and picked up a bright blue and dark purple shroom about 3 inches across for 6 bucks. Ill have some sweet pics tomorrow.

Here are some pics after moving some of my corals

this is my mushroom tree

e2b11bd1.jpg

My torch and another frogspawn

44eb21d1.jpg

My awesome bubble

4430c44e.jpg

My new frogspawn from the trade love it bit man its big and i might have to cut some of the arms for better placement but right now its in a good spot. I have it at the top of my tank and im wondering if thats gonna hurt it since its under 3 watt LEDs i dont have them at 100% prob around 60 or 70%?

ecfa03ab.jpg

And here is the shot of the left side all together

a31c78ea.jpg

Still working on some extra cash for a camera so right now my phone will have to do.

Well decided to lower my new frog to the bottom and super-glued the base of the frog to a larger rock. ill place it tomorrow since i made it mad and hurt it a little i think:( couldnt get a good grip so its gonna lose some of its bubbles on a few heads but will live and its not gonna be any smaller woot.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i finally pulled the trigger on a LTA its a corkscrew anemone. Its about 9 inches across so good size and its been 24 hours and its got alot of its tan color back and has been in the same spot since i did a PVC base hole for its base to anchor in so finger crossed. Gonna post pics in the next few days want to make sure he is staying there first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well been a bit first off LTA was taken back to he LFS he was movin to much. So got store credit and decided on 2 yellow clown gobies and a jaw fish who has managed to get in my overflow area so a trap is in place now. Here is a pic from my phone of one of the YCG.

b55023c6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Well got great news the jaw fish made its way through the my overflow to my sump and into the return chamber where I caught him and placed in the display area. He has since settled in and started work on his new home. Also the clown gobies are sleeping in my frogspawn and hammer so they are doing great. Nothing has changed so pics will be coming soon.

Thank for my first time around not so bad. I have an addiction tho to small fish, shrooms of all colors and frogspawns.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my new addition.......

3BF8A40A-2E7B-4FB6-A223-C8F1B47CA086-1160-0000011FCB13DC01.jpg

I havent don't a good job on my posting I have now abstained a camera. So this means a huge update coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well added a new fish since i have a few fish on the mean side i got a purple dottyback. I havea good feeling about this guy my blenny is trying to bully but he is defending him self so woot. Gonna be redoing my page here in a week got to busy recently with school starting back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I was curious with my tank if 2 MP10s would be a good fit with my aqua scape that's the same as in the pics? I want to put one on the back and one on the opposite side of the return. I have mostly LPS and want to get the motion that the MP 10s can give I want the rocking back and forth.

Archived