inTank Media Baskets

Positioning MP10 in a bigger tank

Ralgo

I recently upgraded from a BC 29 to a 50g and I now find that my Vortech MP10 doesn't move the corals as much as it once did. I have it in the same relative position that I had it in the last tank (on the right side) but now that I have a 3ft long tank it doesnt seem to be as powerful as I would like. Would moving the pump to the back glass help? The tank is only 18" from front to back and I have a Koralia K1 and an Aqueon 500 that I can place on the right and left sides to help.

Or should I be looking to upgrade to a MP20 or higher?

Is there any benefit to running an MP10 in a larger (36"x18") tank?

I recently upgraded from a BC 29 to a 50g and I now find that my Vortech MP10 doesn't move the corals as much as it once did. I have it in the same relative position that I had it in the last tank (on the right side) but now that I have a 3ft long tank it doesnt seem to be as powerful as I would like. Would moving the pump to the back glass help? The tank is only 18" from front to back and I have a Koralia K1 and an Aqueon 500 that I can place on the right and left sides to help.

Or should I be looking to upgrade to a MP20 or higher?

Is there any benefit to running an MP10 in a larger (36"x18") tank?

you need 2 on a 3ft tank

mp20 doesnt really exsist any more, so the option would be mp40. a little bit of searching tells me that 2 mp10's seems to be ideal for a 40br or a 50.

phi delt reefer

check my thread, one of my last posts has a video of what two mp10wes in wave sync (positioned on one side of the tank) will do. Lots of movement and the polyp extension is much more noticable than in reef crest.

i find the unit can only push water two feet then dies off quickly.

my tank is 36x24x12 - shallow.

heres the vid -

I'm trying to get a better result without investing in another mp10. Had some bad wifey agro when I bought the first one. If I need to I will but I think I'll try it with what I have available now. I already spent a ton of money doing this upgrade as it is.

short of a second mp10, any other ideas?

A Koralia Evolution is not that expensive and is a good alternative ... placement of just 1 power-head no matter what is not going to do it and the Koralia is a good choice

Archived