Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dying fish

kevinlogan42

Yesterday i noticed my bi color blenny was not looking to good, colors faded not swimming well. Then about 9pm he

Was dead. Now this morning one of my clowns is doing the samething. All of my waterparamaters. Are good as far a

A basic api test kit salt is at .021, temp holding steady at 79. The only thing i can think is i did a water change yesterday,

But the new water temp and salinity matched my tanks. Please throw some ideas my way I would hate to loose my other

Clown not to mention the support of my wife who has been really into the tank. I will post pics when i get home.

Thanks

Kevin

thanks for the quick reply. Fish is out and the salt has been consistant from the start. Its low but it is the same as my fish andcoral providers set up anddisplays so i thought that it would make aclimating less stressful. Should i bring it up?

Thanks

Kevin

I would take a water sample to the LFS and have them double check it. Also maybe check your temp with another thermometer just to make sure. Clowns are pretty darn hardy, something must be off.

altolamprologus

It's not the salt. That salinity is low for inverts but perfectly fine for fish.

Are there any other symptoms, like heavy breathing, frayed fins, spots, red streaks, etc? Also is it possible chemicals might have gotten in the tank?

Archived