inTank Media Baskets

Yellow goby upsetting my toadstool coral! Help!

lucyyoma

Hey guys! I recently introduced a toadstool coral into my tank, about 2 weeks ago I'd say! But since doing so it has yet to open its polyps... My yellow goby has taking a liking to this new addition and spends 80% of his time sitting on it and I think this may be irritating it? How do I encourage my goby to hang out elsewhere??

All ideas welcome! :)

I read an article written by GARP (which is a group doing research for reef preservation) that did a study on which corals are the best suited to host clown fish. They are concerned that, since clownfish have become so popular, too many anemones are being taken from the ocean to host them. Anyway, they found that leather toadstools were the best suited because, not only do the clownfish love them, they actually seem to thrive and do even better when hosting the clownfish. I'm assuming that, if a couple of clownfish wriggling in it doesn't hurt it, a clown goby shouldn't hurt it either.

I read an article written by GARP (which is a group doing research for reef preservation) that did a study on which corals are the best suited to host clown fish. They are concerned that, since clownfish have become so popular, too many anemones are being taken from the ocean to host them. Anyway, they found that leather toadstools were the best suited because, not only do the clownfish love them, they actually seem to thrive and do even better when hosting the clownfish. I'm assuming that, if a couple of clownfish wriggling in it doesn't hurt it, a clown goby shouldn't hurt it either.

he is talking about a yellow clown goby, not a clownfish. your leather will be fine.

he is talking about a yellow clown goby, not a clownfish. your leather will be fine.

Which is what his last sentence mentioned.

Did I miss something?

My yellow watchman irritates my red mushrooms. They are the front door to his cave and he spits sand on them. I was gonna move them till i realized that it is making them split really fast. So now i just use the whole situation to get more mushrooms to trade

Lol just realised you can see him doing it in my signature

Archived