Pod Your Reef

NC 12 LED Hood Retrofit

patrickf

I have looked and cannot seem to find a kit to retrofit my JBJ 12 DX. I have to have it in a hood. With all of the toys and balls flying around the house from my kids I cannot have an open top. Does anyone know if there is a kit available? I saw a couple DIY threads, but do not know if I am handy enough to do it. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I have looked and cannot seem to find a kit to retrofit my JBJ 12 DX. I have to have it in a hood. With all of the toys and balls flying around the house from my kids I cannot have an open top. Does anyone know if there is a kit available? I saw a couple DIY threads, but do not know if I am handy enough to do it. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

anybody?

anybody?

fast and easy http://www.rapidled.com/12-led-plug-n-play-retrofit-kit/ they have dimmable too for extra $. I put this in a 12g AP, fits very nice in the hood. Plenty of room. i ASSUME your hood is similar but am not familiar with it personally. :)

I had the same issue when i first started looking for LED's...all the DIY stuff (which is awesome if you're so inclined), but i just wanted something plug n play i didn't have to think about, this was it for me.

Here's ,my AP12 with the kit. (top rock not washed out as in photo, that's just my crappy camera:) My half dead acro is opening up nicely, i was sure i was going to lose it. Softies seem to really like it. i did stock light--didn't change the color of led's from 50:50 white and blue. no lenses (to prevent spotlighting). Really makes the green's and purples pop with a bit of fluoresce, but if you like more blue you can customize the LED's they give you.post-21395-1328797912_thumb.jpg

Archived