Coral Vue Hydros

Jarquarium Challenge

Whys

I've had a small plastic container with a Opae shrimp in it for about 9 years now. Just sitting on a shelf. Its been there forever.

Here is a picture from back in 2006

underwater_shrimp_by_radjess331.jpg

I'll take some pics in the morning of how the container looks now..

• 3 months later...

Just algae and sunlight :) I might start doing small water changes but I'm just letting it sit and find its equalibrium for now.

Any updates?

• 9 months later...

Any updates?

Nearly two year update.

I moved the jars about two feet to the east. This happened about five months ago. Didn't like doing that, it felt like maintenance. I started this for a zero effort tank and I resent having to move them....

Other than that, the jars look the same as the pics on the last page, Maybe a bit more green. Shrimps still doing the things shrimps do. Taking pictures sounds a bit to close to doing maintenance on the tanks. Maybe next week.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I decided to kick it up a notch...

AE, what's the name of that snail in your avatar? The one that's native to the Pacific Northwest? The purple and gold spiral shell that eats hydroids. What temp do those things like to live at? Cold?

I know I can't buy them, but I don't actually live all that far away. :)

• 2 weeks later...
AquaticEngineer

AE, what's the name of that snail in your avatar? The one that's native to the Pacific Northwest? The purple and gold spiral shell that eats hydroids. What temp do those things like to live at? Cold?

I know I can't buy them, but I don't actually live all that far away. :)

Its a Jeweled Topsnail, I got a couple dozen right now at least. Keeping them at 57F right now.

• 1 year later...

You said a photo.....

I'll get one eventually...

17 months later count as eventually?

There are at least 2 shrimp alive in there still but my camera battery died and well, it took 17 months for a photo, don't hold your breath for me to charge the battery and get around to getting more. full update in my thread, if i get around to it.

pic was taken a few minutes ago..

IMG_4113_zpsmetmjbgg.jpg

• 2 years later...

If anyone is following this thread still, which I doubt they are, I just updated mine. One is jar is dead, in the other one, they are making baby shrimp! Link to my thread is on the first page of this thread. There are pics in the thread. 

(Sorry for bumping such an old and dead thread, but I am actually contributing to the original intent, even if I am the only one still watching). 

• Like 1