Top Shelf Aquatics

Which Vortech to buy

jndragon

I am slowly building myself a 40 breeder and I just completed the plumbing and stand and I was debating on whether or not to get a Vortech MP 40 or two MP 10's. I was hoping someone can help me out with this decision. I have the following setup:

Petsmart 40 Breeder

Ehiem 1260 return pump

I was planning on having some Zoas, Paly's, LPS and maybe in the future a couple of SPS and possibly a nem ( I really like the Rose Nems and the flow they showcase)

Hi Dragon - I have a 40Br (Sumpless) and I currently have two MP10's. I started out with one and it was fine, but I got so much more diversity in flow when I got my second one. I think you'll be better off with two MP10's versus a single MP40. In addition to have more flow options, you'll have a back up pump running if one fails.. always a nice security blanket. :)

Thanks Electrobes for the information. I was sort of leaning toward that decision but needed some confirmation to ease my doubts. Thanks for the headsup and now I"m off to find some decently priced pumps.

Two MP-10s is the way to go. I don't think a 40B has the depth for a MP-40. I have one MP-10 in my 40B FOWLR and it moves the sand around at 100% and it's 3" from the top of the tank.

Yep, 2 wireless tens. You can program them to flow in opposite directions instead of toilet bowl mode which most of us have, lol.

Archived