Top Shelf Aquatics

arctic silver thermal glue

dling

How hard is it to remove a led that is bonded with arctic sliver 2 part glue? Can the light be reused? Or is it destroyed in the removal?

It's not that hard. I just took a flathead screw driver and hit it with my palm. I'm not sure if you can reuse them, as I was replacing burned out ones.

I have been planning on re-doing my lighting and adding some more colors. Also want to do clusters instead of the rows I have now which I tapped and drilled. So I was thing of just bonding them. If I make clusters and one of the middle ones go out I may have a problem getting to it with out destroying the one around it. This seems to be a problem I may not be able to avoid. I dont want to re-drill and tap. Also thought about self tapping screws but I have never used them before so I'm not sure if they are better then bonding or not. Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

One of my strands is bonded only by ArcticSilver 5 thermal grease which holds well once the first heatcycle has passed

So the thermal paste will not get soft with heat over a priod of time and allow the lights to sag or drop?

How long have you had your like that?

The strand? Over a month, with the grease the moisure will evap out and encrust to a solid paste that still takes a screw driver to remove the suction...but once removed wipes away - end of circuit wires are drilled through the heatsink though so no weight is on the solder point to disturb the leds/dislodge the grease's suction

The strand? Over a month, with the grease the moisure will evap out and encrust to a solid paste that still takes a screw driver to remove the suction...but once removed wipes away - end of circuit wires are drilled through the heatsink though so no weight is on the solder point to disturb the leds/dislodge the grease's suction

Thats great. Thanks ;)

Archived