inTank Media Baskets

Chaeto idea! :)

Thornchase

I have a Marineland Penguin 100 and I am wondering if I can house Chaeto in it. Here is my rough idea on how i want to do it.

Here is where I would put the chaeto.

6839448177_2440784809.jpg

Untitled by Chase!?, on Flickr

The chamber is pretty deep and could hold a good size piece.

6839448733_e7b9c8318c.jpg

I would buy a cheap LED or just a small light to set on top of my little plastic cut out window...

6839449267_08074266ee.jpg

I would also put a piece of egg crate at the over flow spout so none can get out.

6839456547_aee7f0e347.jpg

Does this look like an ok idea? the Filter has a 135gph flow, is that to harsh on the chaeto? And can i get a cheap led at Homedepot or lowes and would it be enough?

you can give it a go, but i run the big penguin on my 55 freshwater and i am not sure i could fit enough in there for me to care. some is better than none, just not sure on volume.

you can give it a go, but i run the big penguin on my 55 freshwater and i am not sure i could fit enough in there for me to care. some is better than none, just not sure on volume.

I was thinking a baseball size could easily fit in it. The dimensions of the chamber are 4" x 2.5" x 7"

The light I thinking is this little 3w 3 LED... only $6

http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Ind...p;storeId=10051

did the same thing with my aqua clear. works great, just needs to be thinned alot.

Thinned as in the flow or cut the chaeto?

pretty sure he meant cutting the chaeto so it fits??

Ok because i have heard in other topics people saying to thin the flow so its not as strong... i mentioned flow so i wasn't sure lol :) but yea i will and i have a buddy i can give clippings to

Ok because i have heard in other topics people saying to thin the flow so its not as strong... i mentioned flow so i wasn't sure lol :) but yea i will and i have a buddy i can give clippings to

Perhaps he meant that then haha

I've used this exact filter for a while. The key is to keep up with the trimming to make sure it keeps growing/filtering/doing its thing. Do note though that it's actually not as large of a space as it may initially seem.

Archived