Cultivated Reef

Android app for tracking tank parameters?

redfishsc

Anyone suggest a good Android app that can track tank parameters? When I do my tank testing, I'd like to put in the alk, calc, etc..... and maybe add in notes like "started dosing XYZ, 5 grams, once daily".

Hopefully something that can graph out changes over time as well.

Spreadsheets are a total pain in the wrasse on a smartphone. I do have Excel on my smartphone (at least it says I do, I put it on there and have never opened it lol). It's just not a good format for what I'm wanting.

Aside from that-- the spreadsheet may be able to do the tracking and graphing, but it doesn't do notes and calendar-type stuff very well.

I've seen programs like this for computers, I'm hoping there's one for Android phones.

There's a few good iphone ones, but I haven't found anything for android.

damn it you guys going to make me program an android app for this!?!?

Quick office Pro is an awesome app for android, can do spreadsheets and work with just about any type of Microsoft Office software, it is relatively cheap as well. I think I paid $5?

Well I can get crackin on an android app if you guys feel the need for it - after all its what i do for a living ;)

Do It!! I know myself, and many others would be willing to donate to this cause if the app is legit. PLEASE make it standalone if possible. The app i have now syncs with calendar and stuff, and my ROM is vanilla, so i dont have calender so the app crashes. Even for notifications and such i think standalone is the way to go.

Which ones? Been looking for one.

Numbers is good. The whole Pages, Numbers, Keynote suite they have is great. My laptop broke before my last semester in college and I did all my papers and presentations with my iPad and to a lesser extent my iPhone.

OK Folks I'll look up the ones you've mentioned!

Well I can get crackin on an android app if you guys feel the need for it - after all its what i do for a living ;)

If you are able to do these and keep the price in the sub $5 range, here are some things I'd recommend you try to incorporate.

• A tracking system for water parameters (all the common ones) like nitrate, calcium, alk, mag, etc, that will save the data by date---- and reproduce it in a graph that shows "Calcium Levels over the past X months" or whatever.
  • A Calendar-based system with preset options for changing T5/halide/PC bulbs--- and the ability to track at least a dozen bulbs per tank (many 72" T5 fixtures use 12 36" bulbs). Each bulb should be namable, and actual alerts with ringtones as a reminder of when it's time to change them out. User chooses the length of time for the bulb swap since many of us are penny-pinchers that drag them out for two years lol.
  • A fish and invert stocking list, per tank, so we can track/enter when we added certain fish, corals, clams, etc.
  • Common calculators for things like tank volume, sand amount needed, and perhaps light bulbs (for halide and T5HO).
  • Calculators like the one at Bulk Reef Supply for various DIY dosing schemes, like using baking soda or soda-ash for alk, calcium chloride pellets for Ca, epsom salts or mag chloride, etc.

That looks exactly like a spreadsheet... lol

Again, dammit, spreadsheets aren't calendar based. They don't give you a reminder about when it's time to replace the GAC, or when it's time to swap out the halide bulbs. Geeze folks I hope y'all don't spend your whole life acting like this.

Again, dammit, spreadsheets aren't calendar based. They don't give you a reminder about when it's time to replace the GAC, or when it's time to swap out the halide bulbs. Geeze folks I hope y'all don't spend your whole life acting like this.

I didn't realize you wanted all that, but I can think of several different ways to do that in a fullfledged spreadsheet product like Excel. However, you're right, for a casual user it'd be nice to have a separate program and phone spreadsheets are probably lacking.

Bastards! Guess I'll get cracking here in my free time :) - I started P90X so my extra hour in the morning is kind of gone - I'll see what I can come up with.. Because I am an avid fresh water guy as well so I will have to add some doo dads in it for fresh

I didn't realize you wanted all that, but I can think of several different ways to do that in a fullfledged spreadsheet product like Excel. However, you're right, for a casual user it'd be nice to have a separate program and phone spreadsheets are probably lacking.

Now that's what I'm talking about ;).

I can track the stuff all day long by just hand writing it (I only have 1 reef, lol) but having all my notes stored on the Android, in a reef-ready format would be schwing!

Trogdor, I thought about doing P90X until I found out that P90X wasn't referring to game console.

If you are doing freshwater (which is a wonderful idea) then include the following in the calculator page (for determining how many tsp per ppm, and also for tracking test-kit results.

• Common GH booster (like Green Leaf Aquariums sells)
  • Chelated iron
  • potassium nitrate
  • Monopotassium phosphate

i use my aquarium logger...it has graphs and shizz...i like lol

I looked it up on the Android market and it looks decent. As soon as I'm on a Wi-Fi network, I'll put it on my phone (it's not used as an actual phone or 3G machine, it's not activated, I just use it as an MP3 player and app-machine, hard to beat $50 for a lightly used 32 gig MP3 player that has a 5.0mp camera and any Android app you want)

I just bought my aquarium logger and its actually pretty useful. The interface isn't that great but it gets the job done. Looks like he regularly updates with new features

Archived