Cultivated Reef

BC14 media rack need advice

cuber14

Im finally ready to install my intank media rack and have a question my tank is up and running for 9mths and I have been slowly removing my LR rubble from compartment 2. I have only a handful left so do I just remove it and try to suck out any debris left. It sems like compartment 2&3 should be isolated from the rest of the tank once I lower my water level and the process should be easy but I really dont want to screw up and mess my water up. Do most people remove the sponge going from 2 to 3? after install it shouldnt be needed( going to use floss,purigen,chempure) i think. thanks for your help.

As long as there is not much left, just get it out. I would shut down your return and completely clean out chambers 2 and 3. I do that anyway every few water changes. You don't need the sponge either. You can run it, but its just something else to clean and unnecessary. GL!

As long as there is not much left, just get it out. I would shut down your return and completely clean out chambers 2 and 3. I do that anyway every few water changes. You don't need the sponge either. You can run it, but its just something else to clean and unnecessary. GL!

Great its been a slow process but im so pumped to get bthat media basket in. That should solve my constant nitrate prob.

Archived