SaltCritters.com

Came home after work and found my clown dead... Quick question...

chabooky386

So i found my clown stuck in the suction part of my filter. I was quite curious about where he had been for a day or two. So I am guessing that he got a little too close and the poor fella couldn't swim away.

My question to you is since he was stuck there for a day or two, how bad is my water affected? I could only imagine how bad a rotting fish being sucked on by my filter could be. It was probably on there a good while and I am sure this can't be good.

What should I do now? Another water change? I do notice a bit more GHA growing ever since he disappeared.

So I am guessing that he got a little too close and the poor fella couldn't swim away.

More probably - he died and as he was floating around in the current, got sucked on to the filter.

Do a large water change. +1 to it likely being dead before getting stuck to the filter; clowns may look awkward, but they can handle almost any hobbyist water flow.

Do a large water change. +1 to it likely being dead before getting stuck to the filter; clowns may look awkward, but they can handle almost any hobbyist water flow.

jesus my 2nd one croaked today too. I just did a 35% water change!

Might check and make sure that you didn't get a bad batch of salt or anything like that. I'd run any tests on the water that you have the tests.

tested my tank after the change and it is reading out fine. all parameters at 0

Where did you get them, and how long were they in your tank? Did they have signs of disease?

I got them from a really reputable LFS in houston. I had them for 1 1/2 weeks. I didn't see a sign of anything.

How did you acclimate them?

Were they fighting each other?

Are there any other fish in the tank?

Any visible signs of infection/parasite etc. on the dead fish?

Hope you don't lose anything else.

How did you acclimate them?

Were they fighting each other?

Are there any other fish in the tank?

Any visible signs of infection/parasite etc. on the dead fish?

Hope you don't lose anything else.

I floated them for about 30 mins

No they were not fighting one another

No visible sign of anything when they croaked

They were in a tank with 10 other clowns when I bought them at the store

Archived