Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dan's ADA style pico reef!

Daniel Name

Daniel Name
needs a few more clams!

Haha, yes it needs!

:)

I'm thinking in adding 1cm aragonite substrate...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following! Dan, how do you not get the urge to add more things?

Also, can you tell me a little bit about the thing that is holding the probes in the sump? Did you make that or is it available pre-built somewhere?

I like your sump, simple and nothing to it, I've been obsessing over having a refugium do this and that, and not liking what most people have as it is too cluttered. Never thought you could do a minimalistic sump! Love it.

• 4 months later...

Hello!

Following! Dan, how do you not get the urge to add more things?

Also, can you tell me a little bit about the thing that is holding the probes in the sump? Did you make that or is it available pre-built somewhere?

I like your sump, simple and nothing to it, I've been obsessing over having a refugium do this and that, and not liking what most people have as it is too cluttered. Never thought you could do a minimalistic sump! Love it.

Metrokat,

First, I'm sorry, it's been a while that I don't access the forum!

I bought that probe holder at premiumaquatics.com!

Thanks!

New pictures:

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

foto-6.jpg

I just need to get those wires off. I'll do a hole in the mounting to put it inside!

Bye!

It's about daym time you update! Lol everything looking nice and growing in. Very clean tank expect one exception of the unclean mame overflow. Lol keep up the great work! What did you use for your lamp holder!

It's about daym time you update! Lol everything looking nice and growing in. Very clean tank expect one exception of the unclean mame overflow. Lol keep up the great work! What did you use for your lamp holder!

I'll clean it up! =)

It's made from iron.. my friend did that for me.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
Daniel Name
Daniel Name

Now I'm using one from glass-holes.com!

Today I substituted the bio pellets for carbon.

• 2 months later...
Daniel Name

Hello!

It's been a while that I don't updated it.

I change the skimmer to a Tunze 9004, much better!

And added a MiniMax Media Reactor with GAC and Rowaphos. (now it's empty since I'm using Ultra Algae X against GHA and Fauna Marin recommend not using it)

Some new pics: (using IPhone, sorry for the quality)

0ddb03f9-f6d7-49fc-a597-bc7c5e1620fb_zps

My new green torch:

null_zps8b8e8bcc.jpg

And the golden torch:

http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/danielname/media/Dans%20ADA%20Style%20Pico%20Reef/null_zpsb75a59c6.jpg.html'>null_zpsb75a59c6.jpg

I got one of my clowns at the floor, almost dead. So I added a cover protection:

null_zps84b9b63b.jpg

null_zps7ad18ae0.jpg

null_zpsb9efc7f9.jpg

=)

Daniel Name
Very very niiiiiiiiiiice. Kudos on the setup. Another great ADA setup. omgomgomg

Thanks! Ultra Algae X is great! Almost getting rid of GHA.. corals much happier.

• 8 months later...

Archived