SaltCritters.com

Dan's ADA style pico reef!

Daniel Name

Hello guys,

25/07/2013

http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/danielname/media/Dans%20ADA%20Style%20Pico%20Reef/0ddb03f9-f6d7-49fc-a597-bc7c5e1620fb_zps69c7dfed.jpg.html'>0ddb03f9-f6d7-49fc-a597-bc7c5e1620fb_zps

26/09/2012

IMG_1385.jpg

11/04/2012
cfcbe09e.jpg

-------------------------------------

• Tank: 24 x 12 x 8"
  • Sump: 15 x 12 x 10"

Equipment:

• Skimmer: Tunze 9002 Tunze 9004
  • Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0
  • Lighting: Aqua Illumination Nano Aqua Illumination Vega
  • Circulation pump: none for now Vortech MP10
  • Heater: Eheim Jager 50W
  • Overflow: MAME Overflow Nano Glassholes.com
  • Filtration: Sera Siporax Mini 35g IM MiniMax Media Reactor 350ml

-------------------------------------

07/02/2012
Project:

CapturadeTela2012-01-17s190400.jpg

CapturadeTela2012-01-17s191456.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Daniel Name

Calvin!

I didn't know about them. But I doubt they sell tanks, it would be too expensive. Anyway, I've sent them e-mails asking if they have it.

Thanks!

Aunt Minnie

Holy crap this setup is going to be awesome. Not gonna lie, am very envious as I'm planning something similar myself...

Where did you get your stand and what are its dimensions? DIY, custom-made, commercially-available, other? This seems to be the crux of my nano-reefing dreams, as my wife INSISTS that the stand mesh well with our interior decor (fairly contemporary). Your stand fits the bill perfectly!!! I know you're in Brazil, but is there anyway a guy in Chicago can get something like that? ;)

Daniel Name
wow this is awesome as hell.
Excellent design and finish on that stand.

Thanks!!

Holy crap this setup is going to be awesome. Not gonna lie, am very envious as I'm planning something similar myself...

Where did you get your stand and what are its dimensions? DIY, custom-made, commercially-available, other? This seems to be the crux of my nano-reefing dreams, as my wife INSISTS that the stand mesh well with our interior decor (fairly contemporary). Your stand fits the bill perfectly!!! I know you're in Brazil, but is there anyway a guy in Chicago can get something like that? ;)

Aunt Minnie, thanks!

I projected the stand and sent to a woodworker. It's custom-made.

Bellow are the dimensions. Feel free to copy! This is a bamboo finish, I'm sure you will find there.

I did one modification in the back of the stand. Instead of a 2cm open, I change it to 5cm, and 5 cm bellow the top of the stand, to stay more secure.

CapturadeTela2012-01-17s191649.jpg

CapturadeTela2012-01-17s191736.jpg

CapturadeTela2012-01-17s192031.jpg

CapturadeTela2012-01-17s192151.jpg

Can't wait for the tank...

Bye!

Aunt Minnie

Thanks for the plans Dan, not sure I possess the necessary DIY skills for the build unfortunately... :unsure: I'm curious as to what a woodworker in Chicago would charge for something similar.

Daniel Name

The tank finally is here.. I sad so many times to the manufacturer that I wanted transparent silicone.. and he did just the opposite.

Not so happy with the results, but it will work for now. I'm trying to get a real ADA tank..

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Daniel Name

Hello!

I changed the tank to a crystal clear glass one.

The tank is almost set up, but I can't get the MAME OVERFLOW to work correctly.

I made some videos, maybe someone can help me..

Video 1

Video2

I have tried everything that I could think of. Tried 3 different pumps (with 3 different gph)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Name

Almost ready.. I inserted a small piece of hose inside the make overflow and now it's working better.

I'm just waiting the AI mounting to transfer the livestock from my other reef.

foto-2.jpg

Archived