ReefCleaners.org

What is my Brain Coral doing?

reesestewww

Builder Anthony

most likely its in low flow and producing a slime that takes small debris particles and sticks 2 the slime.itll puff up real big then pushn the slime away so a current will cacth it.needs more flow or u will see again.

Builder Anthony

i call them mini sweepers.the areas are probally damaged from being placed in bag and the weight of the rock rubs up againgst the skeleton,or handleing that area.i do have a platagoma or some coral spelling like that that has those sweepers from time 2 time and i think it has 2 do with stress but i have moved it a few times and its skeleton is very fragile.favias are hard to handle and damage is almost cetain if you touch any flesh.the other coral you have right next 2 it is a very bad location your looking at loseing 1

or the other.look at page 13 or 12 in my thread and you will see 4 inch sweeper favia though most arent that long .u will see green sweepers

filaments. It is stressed.

I'm sure it is... Everything in my tank is under these damn LED's

filaments. It is stressed.

Is there anything I can do? I know that's a pretty load questions which will probably need to be answered only after many other questions...

Archived