inTank Media Baskets

I need help with ideas for a top

whisnantrider

whisnantrider

Ok so I recently switched to a rimles tank with no sort of top and now I have sadly lost both of my once mated clowns :tears: to succesful suicide jumps after lights out. So I'm looking at putting a top of some sort on it and getting some new "fancy" clowns.

It was recommended that I use the pond style netting with a window screen frame. While this is a great idea my tank is completely rimless and I'm not sure that it wouldn't be an eye sore, so I'm looking for ideas.I thought about glass but that limits glass exchange and I'm sure will blok some sort of light.

If anyone has an idea please share and if you have any pics of a rimless with the screen top please share that as well because that seems like the best idea I just don't know about the look.

Hmm. Rimless... You know the cargo covers In car trunks? Maybe you can do something like a rollout cover made of net with a small hook or something to secure it closed. That way, it wouldnt be above the rim. It'll probably be a pain in the ass to build tho

whisnantrider

Yeah definately would be a pain haha. I think I'm going to make an acrylic "Lip" to run around the top kindda like a lid with a big hole in the middle. I can't think of anything else other than the pond mesh with the screen frame which I may just break down and do.

Hmm. Rimless... You know the cargo covers In car trunks? Maybe you can do something like a rollout cover made of net with a small hook or something to secure it closed. That way, it wouldnt be above the rim. It'll probably be a pain in the ass to build tho

why not just make a plexiglass square that is 1/4" wider than your tank?drill a bunch of holes in it and you can glue little plastic L-brakets (you can make them out of 1/4" strips of plexiglass) on the corners, to keep it from sliding.

whisnantrider

Well today I made a mesh top with the screen frame and pond netting. It actually turned out to look quite good in my opinion. I like the plexiglass idea with the holes as well but i didnt see it until after I made this one so I'm gonna run this one for a while and see how it works out. I atually like it right now as I just got a pair of very unique replacement clowns and I do not want to loose these haha.

I have LOTS of this screen left if anyone needs some. Here are some pics.post-71681-1329010183_thumb.jpg

post-71681-1329010254_thumb.jpg

Archived