Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Skimmer Suggestions?

sharkfin

Hello all,

I am trying ti pick out the best skimmer for my 20 gallon reef. Currently thinking about the Eshopps Hang-on PSK-75H. I currently do my water changes and it does a great job at reducing wastes now but I am looking at having quite a large bio load in the tank within the year.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Izzy

If you don't have a sump or an automatic top off, it will be very difficult to keep most hob skimmers working for more than a day without adjusting. Just a heads up, skimmers aren't really worth the 100-300 bucks for a tank under 30(give or take) what are you planning on keeping?

hoosierreefer

that skimmer will do you just fine. I have the aquatraders cheap knock-off version and only run it a couple nights a week on my 20. While I have mostly coral, and not a big bio-load, you'll find that frequent consistent water changes will do far more for water quality than skimming will. IMHO.

If you don't have a sump or an automatic top off, it will be very difficult to keep most hob skimmers working for more than a day without adjusting. Just a heads up, skimmers aren't really worth the 100-300 bucks for a tank under 30(give or take) what are you planning on keeping?

I know I know. I am also contemplating going ahead and adding a sump to put all the equipment down there and add an ATO unit.

Currently its a pretty mixed reef but its slowly becoming SPS dominated and 4 fish, hence my urge for the extra filtration.

Thanks for your advice

Izzy

Archived