inTank Media Baskets

Llj's 8g Oceanic Biocube

lljdma06

Wow! That's a lot of god of wars polyps. How many did you start with and when? I forgot. :(

LOL, I was taking a look at my last picture and then your full tank shot. My tank is starting to resemble yours. :D

I have two colonies...

1 polyp purchased around April 10 maybe, now has four large polyps

4 polyps purchased around April 25, now has 12-16 polyps.

Right now, I'm giving it plenty of space. I'll have to redirect some gsp soon and may have to rethink where I've placed my magenta birdsnest and my branching favia. Coralwise, it's all about growing this guy. I want him covering the rocks.

Can you imagine a big ol' colony of God of Wars? One polyp is sick enough. I just don't want them to melt. Sometimes my zoas melt. I've never really had palys melt though. But man, I'd be very sad if this colony melted. Can you imagine? So it's more about catering to this puppy than anything else.

It's funny about zoas... for example...

My hornets... thriving, I got like 12 true red hornets now, and I've lost count of my other hornet, it's out of the frag plug now.

My wobblegong wows... melting

My purple people eaters and mohawks... thriving

My green people eaters... melting

All palys in this Biocube... thriving

Duncan... thriving, the thing is stupid big now

Favia... thriving

So it's not really a water condition issue, must be either warfare or the health and condition of the morph I'm dealing with.

I got some aiptasia that I need to take care of in the next few weeks.

L

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, it's been a while, hasn't it! Sorry...

Oh, the perchelet didn't survive quarantine. But that was months ago. And... Unfortunately, I discovered that the firefish was not doing well. I attempted to treat it for some sort of fungus for a few days, but it didn't make it. I tested the water in the Biocube, it's fine...

Ammonia 0ppm

Nitrite 0ppm

Nitrate (Didn't reach the 5ppm, so somewhere between 0 & 5

pH 8.2

That was a few days ago. Bleh... My guess, is that the clownfish out competed it for food and then it succumbed to a secondary illness. Poo! I am eyeing a Springer's dottyback and will pick it up to put in quarantine if things continue to look good n the Biocube. That was a few days ago.

On a more positive note, I'm up to 38 polyps of God of Wars.omgomgomg And... my gsp wall will be fragged soon. I will post pictures of its epicness soon before I slice and dice. Corals I have left are doing very well. There are no more sps in this tank. But lps are thriving. Big colonies of palys now. Must frag...

L

• 1 month later...
How's the Biocube coming along?

Well..

It's been taken down... sort of. I live with my fiance now and my sister was taking care of the tanks. She overfed them and we got a nitrate spike in this system and in my others. It recovered fine with no losses, but my fiance and I decided that it was best to move all the inhabitants of my Biocube and my old 8g tank to my 36g, which is a more stable mini reef and easier for her to maintain until we move to a place where we have room for the tank.

Right now, it just has some extra zoas that I don't know what to do with yet and a colony of cyphastraea. Those things are doing great. Excellent growth actually despite the fact that this tank is now largely neglected other than top offs for salinity.

I should update my old 8g too and update my signatures. My 36g reef is in the Member's section if you're curious.

L

Clarinet_Reefer
Well..

It's been taken down... sort of. I live with my fiance now and my sister was taking care of the tanks. She overfed them and we got a nitrate spike in this system and in my others. It recovered fine with no losses, but my fiance and I decided that it was best to move all the inhabitants of my Biocube and my old 8g tank to my 36g, which is a more stable mini reef and easier for her to maintain until we move to a place where we have room for the tank.

Right now, it just has some extra zoas that I don't know what to do with yet and a colony of cyphastraea. Those things are doing great. Excellent growth actually despite the fact that this tank is now largely neglected other than top offs for salinity.

I should update my old 8g too and update my signatures. My 36g reef is in the Member's section if you're curious.

L

That's too bad to hear. Though I'm glad the corals are going to a more stable environment. Any chance of some more shots of the BC 8?

Actually, yes. This tank wil now house a Neogonodactylus wennerae. Mantis shrimp.

I have some extra LR & polyps, so I can make a cute home for him.

L

Archived